Saturday, July 11, 2015

To Atlanta!

Friday, 7.10.15

I think I went to bed at 4am. Elizabeth woke up to eat at 6:30, and then I got up with the kids an hour or two later. Let the sleep deprivation begin. I wonder if she'll be a crib bumper sleeper like the others. Her swaddle blanket I use to keep her head in place was already packed. 

Brady photography. 

I loved this. Why am I not so lucky to get a picture of my temple (where I was endowed and married) on any of my varsity trips?!

Library trip. Abigail in mid air. 

The library is so great. Instant friends. 

I found the one on the right half under a chair. Brady shortly found the other one somewhere. That's library book perfection right there. He was so excited. 

We went home, ate sandwiches and eggs, and we're right ready at 1:30 when honey got home. 

I gave the kids "tickets" for their plane ride. And I wrote my phone number on each of them. 



Did I mention that I attached the tags to my kids?  Abigail's looped through her shorts tag. 


And Brady's through his belt loop. 

My favorite when I was attaching them in the security line was when a man said "you don't have chips in them yet?" and I started to say something but was too startled when I looked up and saw he was in full drag. 

When we fly, I make the kids jump as long as they can before we board the plane. People laugh at me but it works. They're all "mom, I'm tired" and I'm all "KEEEEP JUUUUUMPING!!!!"  


Elizabeth's first flight. 

I was texting a friend as we got ready for takeoff. I took away the name to protect her identity. 

The flight went really well.  


Even when Brady just keep "mommy, mommy, mommy" the whole second half. 


I sat next to a very friendly and... unique lady and her 7 year old son. They were both obsessed with elizabeth (that's why they chose to sit next to me... We were flying southwest). I could write a whole lot about that duo, but one thing that I want to remember is that after her Chardonnay, she would make this face after everything she said to me... With variations on the eyes. But the mouth was the same. She was a great treat because she entertained me the entire flight and it made the time go by way faster than if I'd just been sitting and holding elizabeth by myself. 

Mom and dad came to get us. In separate cars. Because that's what happens with the addition of a third kid. 

My favorite sight of the night. Coming downstairs and seeing dad taking selfies with Elizabeth. 



Brady kept getting out of bed (I learned the next day that he'd slept on the way home from the airport) so I let him stay up with mom and me while we got the car packed. He finally got to bed around 1:30 or so. 

I told mom to go ahead and pack the cars as much as possible before we got there and that my kids could sleep on the floor. It worked really well not having to worry about pack n plays the morning of. 

And finally to bed at 2am. Let the sleep deprivation continue... ; )

No comments: