Tuesday, July 28, 2015

To help me remember

Random notes 

Friday and Saturday at the farm were great. Granny fed the kids lots of brownies and ice cream and peach cups. On Friday around lunch time, the kids and I went to visit Harriet and then mom took granny to visit uncle AD and then mom went and did some grocery shopping. It was just a lot of hanging out and playing. Papa held Elizabeth constantly except for when I was feeding her and the kids and I had fun going out and playing on the swing set for fifteen minutes at a time until we had to come in from the heat. We read old books, played Lincoln logs and the exercise bike and the little black bike. I really loved that time with granny and papa and I loved that all three kids did as well. Last time, Abigail was throwing up, Brady wanted nothing to do with granny and papa, and elizabeth wasn't born yet. This time, it was just great all around. Brady loves granny. I think it helps that she gives him all the edibles he wants (including a brownie at breakfast Saturday morning sometime around 8am. ; ) Food is her love language. 

Driving back was as eventful as driving there. Two potty stops for Abigail (I've got to start limiting fluids in the car!), a stop for gas, stop for food, stop to feed elizabeth... It took about 5.5 hours. It's a four hour drive. Ha. Whoops. 

Saturday night, I showered, did laundry, put the kids to bed (longest bedtime ever it the guitar is deluxe!), and hung out with mom and dad. We went to bed late again. I think I fell asleep sometime after one. 

I set my alarm for 7am so we would for sure not be late. We got to the church building by 8:35. 

Monday I woke up with a unique feeling. It was because I hadn't woken up between when I went to bed and when my day started. It was only six hours, but it was uninterrupted. Woohoo Brady! That's wonderful when you don't wake up at 4am and make me sleep on the floor in your room for the next multiple hours! So, I mowed the lawn. It's very different from when I was a kid. The landacaping has changed a lot but I still really enjoyed it. The day was just whatever. Mom and I didn't have any fun plans. Just focusing on packing and getting Brady and Elizabeth to nap well. And we left in enough time for mom to run into the varsity on our way to grab ius some onion rings and a frosted orange. ; ) delish. I am so exhausted right now that just thinking about the last twelve hours might kill me. And I'm at the airport again. Just like I was less than five hours ago. 

No comments: