Saturday, September 23, 2017

hillier breakfast, shopping, and RS broadcast

Steph was in town for a wedding so we all got together at the hillier's (currently mark and Anna's place of residence) for breakfast.  it was really fun but I did feel like we needed a cardboard cutout of Klaudette.  also entertaining that no one could find anything in the kitchen because it wasn't where it normally would be.  







after breakfast, Chris had Abigail and Brady in his car and I had Elizabeth and Andrew in mine and I had the bright idea to go shopping for workout clothes since I was so close to ross and old navy.  if I was even brighter, I would have thought to meet Chris at the bottom of the neighborhood and have him take ALL the kids home with him.  I shopped through several tortuous hours with Elizabeth and Andrew.  Elizabeth was horrific.  she is so feisty these days.  don't worry, she only managed to scream or yell or whine in every store we went in because heaven forbid should ross or old navy or target or Marshalls not experience her wrath.  4/4... she's such an over achiever.

so when we got home, I was SO overdosed on my kids that I told Christopher I was headed to the RS activity and broadcast and leaving all four at home with him.  of course when I got there they'd finished the service project early so I couldn't help with that and then dinner was a very light salad and roll and then we sat around for an hour waiting for the broadcast and it was just a waste of time and I was a little bitter about it.  so then just a little before 6, honey texts me that Andrew wasn't taking the bottle.  I know he can because he just took one 9 days ago according to my app and I've been giving him a bottle at least every week or two.  I would have had him keep trying for a while before I headed home but I wanted to try to get home before the broadcast if I was going to have to go home.  I'd rather watch the whole thing at home than drive home and miss part of the middle.  my phone was on silent and when I walked in the door, honey was all "did you get my texts?" nope... sure didn't.

so, oh well.  that was. waste of two hours at the stake center but I did love locking myself in my bedroom and enjoying the broadcast all cozied up in bed with my sweet baby.


and it wasn't a complete waste because I got to hang out with Sarah and Jane.  I'm not gonna explain how she got herself in this situation (I don't even fully understand the physics behind it because it happened so fast) but it made that trip to the take center totally worth it.





No comments: