Sunday, September 24, 2017

sunday primary program

I decided to go easy on myself and have zero showers/baths before church on sunday so we could for sure make it to church early for the primary program.  it left a bit of playtime for the kids.

the weather turned to winter all of a sudden and we've been just freezing around here.

this feisty kid cracks me up.





Brady's Sunday school teacher gave the kids a chart last week to fill in.  it had the days of the week on the left and morning/night on the top and the kids were to color in a block each time they said they're personal prayer.  Brady took this VERY seriously and only missed one morning (and asked me a million times in the days that followed if he could say an extra prayer to make up for that day... he was afraid he wouldn't get the promised treat from his teacher if every block wasn't filled in).  as we were pulling out of the driveway for church, I remembered the chart (by sheer miracle) and Brady ran in to get it.  turns out, he was the only kid in his class to bring back the chart so he got both of these little cupcake things.  after church, he excitedly ran to Abigail's classroom and said "Abigail! look what we get! because I was the only one that brought back my chart so my teacher gave me both of these so we each get one!"  it was precious.  he is soooo addicted to sweets but somehow still really good at sharing.  I honestly don't understand it because heavens knows, I do NOT share my treats that I get at church.  also, it kind of broke my heart because Abigail never shares back.  last Sunday, she'd gotten a full size Krispy Kreme donut on a plate and Brady asked so sweetly if he could have some.  nope.  not a single crumb.  so double nice of Brady to not hold a grudge because I totally did and was semi hoping he would hesitate about sharing with Abigail.  also, it was good for Christopher to see because he never believes me that Abigail never shares and Brady pretty much always does.  anyway... that focused little boy did an awesome job with his personal prayers each morning and night and an even more awesome job being selfless and giving of his cupcakes.  he makes me proud.

and both kids did great in the primary program.  and Elizabeth, sitting next to me, did great singing all the words to "choose him again" as well as a number of the other songs.  it was precious.  also, the kids invited the kids that live in the three houses next to us and Braydon and his dad actually came.  Chris was conducting the meeting and saw them in the back and texted me about it (which I actually saw because I'd forgotten to put my phone on silent, whoops) and then he happened to be sitting next to Brady on the stand for the whole program and he pointed Braydon out to Brady and Brady got SOOOO excited.  like stood up and was smiling and waving and being SO cute that a number of people in the congregation were giggling about it.  but seriously, it was adorable.  it made me so happy that they came to support him and that Brady got to see that.

Christopher bought himself a box of corn flakes yesterday morning when he stopped by Walmart to pick up French bread on the way to the hillier's to make French toast for our breakfast.  pouring himself a bowl tonight, I saw him pull out something and was all "oh, yeah, sometimes there are burnt pieces."  then he told me... nope... not burnt and not a corn flake.  it was literally a piece of shredded rubber.  don't worry, he still ate the cereal and we still have that box in our cabinet.  but, if you hear of a giant corn flakes recall over shredded rubber, let me know.  I'd love to know if this is a regular occurrence right now or what.

real stretchy.

my sweet baby.

Christopher knows I drink a lot of milk (as does anyone that knows me even just a little bit) but was so disturbed when he saw how much milk was gone from this gallon.  I think he normally just doesn't really notice how much milk I drink but he did this time because he'd just gotten a fresh gallon from the garage for his bowl of corn flakes and rubber.  checking the time stamps on my phone... he brought the milk in at 8:45 and this was what it looked like at 9:59.  it wasn't completely me because he did have that bowl of cereal.  but seriously, I just get so thirsty at night.

and I still had more after that.  I typically average about a gallon a day but when I'm nursing, it's not uncommon to finish a gallon in less than 24 hours.  I wish I liked water this much.

No comments: