Wednesday, September 27, 2017

sick day

I woke up this morning feeling so crappy.  sore throat and body aches.... especially in my neck and shoulders.  I really just wanted to stay in bed all day but I knew that would likely lead to more frustrations and trouble than it would save me because I'd likely end up screaming at my kids and finding that my house was mysteriously covered in peanut butter or something.  so, I made it a goal to go about my day as usual, giving myself just a little more grace.  with it being Wednesday, I should have probably gone to sprouts for produce and a weights class at the gym with Sarah and the fun run in the afternoon to watch Abigail and to even let Brady run with the preschoolers.

I didn't do any of those things.  I barely got Abigail to school and then struggled myself to the gym where I just spent some time in the sauna and then listened to scriptures with my eyes closed while I walked on the treadmill.






Against my wanting, I let Brady and Elizabeth play outside on the playground a bit. it was worth it though... they both loved it.




Elizabeth has such big emotions.  I can't even remember why she got sad.  I think it might have been because I told them it was time to go and she turned around and gave me a look and then busted out in tears most of the way back to the car.


I frequently don't have enough hands so Elizabeth holds Brady's hand in the parking lot.  it is so precious ever single time.





this guy is so interactive these days and I love it so much.


Brady was dying to go to the fun run but both second grade and preschool were at different times but both during nap time.  and of course the weather was 50* and windy and rainy.  I told Brady that fun runs weren't actually fun and I would give him candy instead.  so he took a nap.  Sarah sent me these pictures of Abigail later.  I'd been contemplating asking her to take Brady to the fun run but decided against it.  of course I got crap from Sarah for it later "WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE ME TAKE HIM?!?! HE WOULD HAVE HAD A BLAST!!!"  whoops.  next year, Brady boy.  kindergarten fun run will be calling your name.


I need to start writing lessons with Abigail.  I'm thinking of multitasking it and teaching it to Brady and Abigail at the same time.  one of my biggest academic regrets with Abigail is not teaching her how to write.  I left it up to the public school system and it didn't pan out too nicely.  so I know now not to make that mistake with Brady, but I know I also need to take responsibility and help Abigail where she is at right now.

Andrea dekker is the only blog I read on a regular basis.  this comment from Ree Klein was entertaining but then totally killed me when I saw she has a sister named Dee.

Elizabeth is so funny.


also, Costco had these pjs last year and I loved them but the smallest size was 2T so I've been not very patiently waiting for her to be able to wear these.  she's just turning into this little person.



honey always climbs in bed and doesn't smooth out the covers.  I keep telling him that he's going to suffocate our baby.

I'm thankful my sick day went as well as it did.

No comments: