Monday, September 18, 2017

duck duck goose with a book

I love when they organize stuff like this and ask me to photograph it. Andrew missed the memo that he was supposed to be spooning to the right.

ms. stacey said she would bring Brady some of these next time she went to the car wash and you better believe that Brady asked me or mentioned it multiple times every day for the entire week until we saw her again.

I had to tell our neighbor that our gator is just for little kids but I let her have one last joy ride.


these two girls are becoming such fun friends.


Elizabeth just trying to keep her balance.

Elizabeth used to call everything a duck but she read this book with ms. stacey this morning and I guess trusts ms. stacey (didn't trust me) that sometimes it's a duck but sometimes it's a swan or a goose.  so tonight Elizabeth was sitting and reading this book to herself and then threw it down and got up to run a circle on my bed.  confused, I listened better next time.  "duck...  frog... ribbit ribbit.  swan...  goose!  run!!!! run run!!!!"  she was playing duck duck goose with a book.  we don't play that so I texted her nursery teacher at church and sure enough, they'd played it the day before.  apparently I teach my kid nothing but she's still learning lots from the other adults in her life!

I had the bright idea to make meatloaf in my muffin pan.  it was not easier to serve, which was my goal, and the pan looked so scary afterwards that I was afraid I'd have to chuck it.  by some miracle from on high, it actually came clean and will live to see many more muffins and zero more mini meatloaf dinners.

No comments: