Friday, September 16, 2011

now what?

my honey has a tendancy in the evenings to fall asleep in places other than our bed.  it is most often on a sofa or the floor, which is much more than i can say for my only brother walter who frequently falls asleep sitting straight up or even at the kitchen table.  when guests are present.  very noisy guests.  and more than ten of them.

anyways, i digress.  tonight my honey fell asleep in our bed (YEAY!), with his clothes on and contacts in and teeth unbrushed (BOO!), on top of the covers (BOO!), laying diagonally (BOO!), with his head at the foot of the bed (BOO!),

RIGHT NEXT TO OUR BABY!!!  (who also has her clothes on and teeth unbrushed.  luckily she does not have contacts in... but she doesn't have a fresh diaper on.)

BOO!!!!!!
so now what?!?!  normally i would just wake him up, tell him to get ready for bed, and be done with it.  but what do i do about our baby?!?!  i can't wake her up because it'll be like a power nap and she won't want to go back to sleep.  and i can't just cozy on up with them because they are taking up the entire bed with how they're sprawled and i have a thing about needing to be under the covers.  i'm that person that can't go to sleep in an unmade bed.  it needs to be in perfect order before i crawl in.

and i can't just sleep in a different bed because 1) i don't like to sleep alone and 2) i'm sure my honey would roll on top of our baby... if she hadn't already managed to fall off the bed herself.

sometimes i feel like a single mom of 2.  one very big, one very tiny.  both exceptionally precious.

ps- tonight we went on a family date to walmart and bought me a bike.  with my honey's bike already having a babyseat, we're all ready to take advantage of the millions of miles of bike trails around here!  woohoo!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Quite the predicament and since it is morning, I am anxious to hear what happened LoL. Oh and I am so jealous of your bike....CO is the absolute perfect place for bike riding!!! Hope yall have fun!!

Marianne said...

So...what did you do?! you just left us hanging! I wish I had advice for you, but I'm still dealing with the honey asleep on the couch thing too. I'm afraid there's no hope!