Thursday, July 19, 2012

17 weeks

ummm, didn't i JUST do one of these?  that 7 days went by way too fast...


How far along:  17 weeks  (7.19.12)
Total weight gain/loss: + 4 lbs  
Maternity clothes:  (same as last week) not yet but there are definitely lots of my regular clothes that i don't wear anymore because they're either too unflattering or too short.  i borrowed all of my maternity clothes last time and gave them all back so i'm thinking i should go shopping soon...
Sleep:  not great.  dreams can be sooo super weird and lately they've been really scary too.  two nights ago i was in some sort of real life avengers (i haven't seen this movie so i'm just assuming) type of scene and i was running away from a giant spider animal.  the upside was that i had most of the whole nerdy crew of big bang theory with me  and then the dream ended by me looking for baby girl/the two boys i used to nanny for (interchangeable in the dream) and eventually found the boys on a bus with the mom and then it was super awkward explaining to the mom that "yeah, i lost track of your kids and you apparently found them before i did... don't fire me."  last night the dream i had before i woke up this morning was that i was in the back seat of a car in the church parking lot and a man somehow got in my car and i kept trying to yell and get out and attract people's attention to help me but my voice didn't work and people that saw me just waved back and didn't know i was in distress.  the dream went downhill and he ended up being a rapist and having a gun and police and detectives were after him but the guy kept evading them and finding me and it was my next door neighbors that our in our ward that actually ended up seeing that i needed help and then rescuing me.  baaadddd bad dream.  the plus side this pregnancy is that i never dream about my pregnancy.  so i actually am happy to take rapists over miscarriages any day night.
Best moment this week:  playing with baby girl and dreaming about her being a big sister and me having two little kids to love.  although at this point, i seriously can't imagine loving another kid as much as i love baby girl.  here's hoping!
Movement:  so try as i might, i'm pretty positive i'm still feeling nothing.  anxiously awaiting though!  i loved feeling abigail move when i was pregnant with her!  
Food cravings:  still scrambled cheese eggs for breakfast on sliced toasted, buttered, french bread.  every single day... looove it.  and carbs are delicious.  i dream about warm rolls with butter almost every waking second of my day.  also had tomato, avocado and bacon sandwiches a few times... on those delicious sandwich rolls and it was amazing, as is anything involing good bread.  my neighbor (the one that rescued me in my dream) gave me a few baked sweet potatoes when we were at her house on tuesday and ooohhhhh was it sooo good!  i LOVE that i love food!  it's hard to keep myself in check so i don't gain toooo much weight.  goodness knows i have no plans to exercise during this pregnancy... or after.
Gender:  still frustrated i don't get to find out for a few more weeks.  i just want to start moving forward on stuff!
What I miss:  hmmm, can't really think of anything right now.
Milestones:  had two people at church straight up ask if i was pregnant... giving the excuse that i'm skinny enough normally for them to know that the size i am now must mean i'm pregnant.  
Theme: the week of feeling good!  besides the little stuff here and there (lightheaded, tired, round belly) i feel normal and great!
Extra:  i'm still fitting into several pairs of my jeans.  the other pairs just aren't comfortable with my belly but my really low rise jeans are still totally fine.  my stomach still varies a lot during the day and i can look not pregnant or really really pregnant.  for people that aren't close friends, i still have to tell them that i'm pregnant.  like when i was at the pool with another mom earlier this week or telling that to abigail's doctor today at her 2 year well check.  they're always surprised to hear i'm pregnant and i like that... it flatters my ego.  i have to milk it now because i know i don't have long left before people jump to the "you look like you're about to pop!" comments.  my lightheaded-ness and out of breath-ness are both still very present but not debilitating like they were before.  it reeeaaaallllyyyy helps if it's not too hot.  the heat makes both so much worse.  my headaches have been mild and less frequent this week.  i've been getting sooo tired in the afternoons still.  if i'm on my computer during nap time then i can stay awake.  if i get out a book, i'm asleep within two or three pages.  i feel like i'm finally getting control of my life back for the most part.  the other night i excitedly told my christopher, "i feel like i'm not sucking at life that much anymore these days!  i've been cooking, keeping our house clean, keeping up on laundry, doing activities with abigail, blogging and taking pictures again... now i just need to start doing my calling again and i'll be set!"  it's the small things, but it's a really good feeling.  


17 week pictures here.  taken 7.22.12 at 17 weeks 3 days.

No comments: