Monday, November 26, 2012

birthday celebration - part 2

sorry... i just realized this is just a million pictures of me.  feel free to pass!

after dinner it was time to open presents!

sitting in the special birthday chair
tons of nu skin stuff including body butter, mascara, and lip gloss!
everyone even made it a point to include pink in their wrapping because they know it's my favorite!
apparently this is the face i make when i see cash in a card.  how embarrassing.
if you're in my immediate family, you should appreciate this picture.  my child is my daughter... my birthday was shared between the two of us.
creme brulee set!!!
ever since i was in high school, cheese cake has always been my birthday cake of choice.  i'm really not much of a fan of regular cake so i've always been a bit of a needy daughter in law, requesting birthday cake that no one else really eats.  anyways, i remember making and eating creme brulee at my in laws sometime in the past several years and since i've been craving it my whole pregnancy, i thought i wouldn't be too extra needy of a daughter in law to request that as my birthday dessert.  my mother in law said she'd been planning chocolate fondue with everyone in town but that we could do creme brulee as well.  well, turns out, the set we'd used before was borrowed so it wasn't even an option, especially with so many people in town visiting.  so the solution?  she said she ran out the next day and got me a creme brulee set so i could make my own whenever i want!  i'm so excited!  and about to be fat.  ;-)

my mother in law made one of these for each of the married couples. it's so cute!
this was my birthday cake since we had chocolate fondue for dessert!
baby girl thought it was precious.
because, how could you not?!
eating fondue and talking on her hand phone
and then we were stuffed.  after cheese fondue with bread and assorted veggies, entree fondue with mushrooms, shrimp, steak, and chicken, and chocolate fondue with angel food cake, candy bars, marshmallows, and fruit, i was wondering if i'd ever recover.
my birthday this year was definitely above average.  it was so fun to have everyone in town to celebrate friday night!

No comments: