Thursday, November 15, 2012

34 weeks

How far along:   34 weeks  (11.15.12) -  compared to 34 weeks with abigail
Total weight gain/loss: + 24 lbs  
Maternity clothes:  this would be easier if the weather would stay at a pleasant 65* or something.  not terrible, i just wish they made longer shirts.  whoever designed this stuff must have forgotten that tall people get pregnant too...
Sleep:  somehow i accidentally deleted this last week.  and apparently my life is sad because i got to the end of this post and thought to myself "why didn't anyone ask how i was sleeping lately?"  so here we go... i added it back in.  i've started practicing my relaxation this week and i keep falling asleep... so short naps are back.  after the first two times, i started setting my alarm.  sleep at night has been pretty good except for sunday morning when i woke up at 5 30 when honey got out of bed and then i couldn't ever fall back asleep until it was time for me to get up at 6 30.  that was annoying.
Best moment this week:  probably friday night.  honey was on his way back from phoenix so abigail and i went with honey's family to see willy wonka the play at the parker arts center and out to eat at texas roadhouse.  i love love love willy wonka, baby girl was mesmerized by the play, my steak was delicious (although i'll be glad when i can order a medium steak again), and honey was home by 11 that night!  what more could you ask for?!
Movement:  there hasn't been a lot of downtime movement wise.  i feel like i can always feel him doing something in there.  i think he's been head down for a while now (hopefully i'll remember to get that confirmed with my doctor on monday) and i can always feel his little hands tickling the bottom of my belly and it makes me think of a little hampster.  i'm sure he's got just the cutest tiny little tickle hands.  also, i was just thinking the other week about how weird it was that i haven't felt any hiccups yet.  well, this week i've felt hiccups a number of times.  sorry for jinxing you little fetus.  also, i think i've started feeling contractions.  my whole stomach gets equally hard... not just half.  and they're mostly when i've bent over to get something or heaved myself out of bed.
Food cravings:  eating has been better this week thank goodness.  although maybe that's because i've gotten a break several times being able to eat good food that i haven't had to prepare.  friday night was texas roadhouse, sunday night was hamburgers at honey's stanford friend's house, and monday night i made taco soup (really it's just a bunch of cans of beans and tomatoes and corn) that hit the spot.  
Gender:  BOY!  i've been thinking about it more and getting more excited this week.  since my mind isn't so consumed with politics, i've been able to focus more on my pregnancy and this little boy's rapidly approaching birth and addition to our family.  it's a lot of fun.
What I miss:  eh, i can't really think of one thing in particular that stands out above the rest.  i think i'm doing just fine.
Milestones:   it's the six week countdown!  is it me or does six weeks feel only slighter longer than five minutes?!
Theme: the week of i think i'm getting used to being pregnant.  anything that comes up, i just kinda accept as normal... not something that's there or happening because i'm pregnant.  
Extra:  i still feel really good physically.  especially when i think of how many times i've heard pregnant women say how unbearably uncomfortable they are.  with abigail i never got to an "i'm uncomfortable" point... even going almost a week past my due date.  i don't expect to be so lucky this time but i am counting my blessings that i haven't reached that point already although i know i still have a long ways to go.  this week, the worst thing physically has been that i had a terrible headache that lasted until sunday night/monday morning and that right after the headache was gone, i developed a bad ache in my lower back that still hasn't gone away.  it's like my love handles have just gotten so heavy that they're constantly putting pressure and strain on my lower back and hips.  i'll be sad if this is here to stay but really, it's not the end of the world.  i'm much much happier to have a backache than a headache!  although at this exact moment i have both...  ha.
i'm still getting over the election.  i've been blessed that it feels like it's been more than a week even though it was so recent.  the best part about getting past the election is that now i can finally focus on my pregnancy and my baby!  i've had a hypnobirthing book for several weeks but i just couldn't really get into the relaxation and stuff because my mind was literally consumed with anger and politics.  now, the meditation and relaxation is working to my advantage... giving my mind something positive in place of a void that could easily be filled with negativity.  i skipped some parts of it but i'm almost done reading the book and i've been practicing the relaxation for all of three days or something.  i'm liking it.  i don't expect to have a painless birth or even one that is just "intense pressure" but hopefully i can get prepared enough that whatever comes my way will be at least manageable.  last time i made no preparations on breathing techniques or anything and found myself kinda lost on what to do when my epidural didn't fully kick in til i was at a 10.  so i'm not anti-epidural... but i'm not going to rely on it whole-heartedly like i did last time.  turns out that was a dangerous thing to do.  it's also making me so excited for this birth.  abigail's labor and delivery was so fun and exciting it was easily one of the best nights of my life (if not the best ever) which has made me simultaneously excited for this birth and nervous that it won't be able to live up to my expectations.  although that goes for the newborn stage too.  that's the problem with everything going so perfectly with your first is that now you have unrealistic expectations and are in a dangerous spot for being severely disappointed the second time around.  that's easily my biggest worry in all of this.

taken 11.17.12 at 34 weeks, 2 days

taken 11.17.12 at 34 weeks, 2 days

whoops, should have done this side to side... look how much bigger i am when i slouch a little!

No comments: