Thursday, November 22, 2012

35 weeks

How far along:   35 weeks  (11.22.12) -  compared to 35 weeks with abigail
Total weight gain/loss: + 24 lbs  
Maternity clothes:  this wasn't difficult this week.  probably because of the good weather.  also, i know i've said it before but i pretty much wear the same thing every single day.  even if it's a different shirt, it looks just like the one from the day before.  at least half of my maternity wardrobe is black and another fourth of it is navy blue.  in other news, i went to ross again last night and got two maternity t shirts that don't look maternity at all... they're just super long and stretchy.  so i'm excited to wear them even not pregnant.  tall friends... i fully plan to shop through maternity sections when i'm not pregnant just to find shirts and tanks that are extra long.... and you should too.
Sleep:  it's still good although i think it's on the decline.  i've been going to bed earlier lately and listening to my relaxation cd as i go to sleep and i was thinking it was the reason i haven't been having crazy dreams as often.  until monday night.  tuesday all i could think about was my crazy dreams!  one of them i was driving a 16 passenger van with lauren, one of my laurels at church, and at least 20 of her family members all packed in.  and i was having trouble figuring out my seatbelt.  and while i was driving lauren casually mentioned things that kept referring to her being pregnant and seriously it was such a crazy dream because that's just a tiny bit of it.  i had two more weird dreams that night too but i can't remember them.  the next night i had a dream that i had a strong contraction and then told everyone "alright!  let's get packed up and go to the hospital because this is it!" [background info... when i went into labor it only took about three contractions, three mins apart, before we were positive i was in labor] and there were tons of random people all running around helping me pack my hospital bag (since i wasn't even 35 weeks along and it wasn't packed yet) and another one of my laurels, emma, was the main person helping me and joking with me in the car and when we got to the hospital there were at least 30 people with us and that was when i realized i wasn't having any contractions and wasn't really in labor.  but then i must have had another dream too because i woke up feeling scared like "oh my goodness i just had my baby at 34 weeks pregnant!"  anyways, it was eventful.  and the actual sleep part... i've woken up several nights to go to the bathroom and last night i woke up at 3 or 4 am and it took me a full hour to fall back asleep.  i kept thinking of all these things i needed to remember to do when i woke up.  aside from those things though... it's going really well.
Best moment this week:  there were way too many to name this week was so much fun.  but i'll have to go with my birthday.  the day was perfect and honey surprised me to the point of shock by giving me an iphone.
Movement:  movement has been slower this week.  or less dramatic i should say.  i guess if i pay attention then yes, he's still always moving.  but it's just not as noticeable because it's more like a shifting elbow and not full flips and sommersaults.  i feel like i'm always pushing him back in when he pokes his knee or fist out.  i just rub it til he pulls it back in.  increasing contractions.  he's already so compact and down low that when they happen it's uncomfortable to walk.  i noticed that while walking through the parking lot the other day.
Food cravings:  eating is actually really really enjoyable when i don't have to prepare or cleanup any part of it!  doing the dishes grosses me out.  and smelling stuff grosses me out if it's not something delicious.  like if i need to open a can of something for a recipe i'm making, i better not have to smell it.  ugh.  milk has tasted awesome and my wedge salad from johnny carinos was perfection.  lasagna and olive garden salad at the hilliers last night was also delish.  i think i ate about 5 pieces of toasted garlic parmesan bread.  today's thanksgiving and the food was amazing (brunch and dinner) and the first day that i haven't eaten my scrambled eggs on toast, which hasn't been as delicious as usual this week.  we'll see how that progresses.  also, peanut butter is disgusting.  and i can smell it from a mile away so don't bring that around me and do NOT think about giving it to my child.  i will dry heave if i smell it on her breath and then i will put you on my hit list.
Gender:  BOY!  i'm trying to settle on a name.  i get priority in naming this kid since chris named abigail.  since i'm not a decisive person, this is worrying me and has me just a little bit ummm stressed?  i dunno, that's not the word but it has me something.
What I miss:  eh, i dunno.  i'm getting used to all the usual aches and inconveniences of being pregnant so i could name stuff but really, i'm still having fun with this!  oh wait, i thought of something.  i miss having color in my wardrobe.  not wearing at least some black every day.  i miss wearing browns and colors.  that's what i miss.
Milestones:   it's the six week countdown!  is it me or does six weeks feel only slighter longer than five minutes?!
Theme: the week of 35/35!  35 weeks down, 35 days to go!
Extra:  i still feel pretty good although i'm definitely experiencing backaches a lot more and i can tell that my sleep is going downhill and my eating isn't great and my contractions are increasing and my headaches are ever prevalent.  there's a whole ton of things about pregnancy that aren't great.  on paper, it sounds terrible.  but honestly, it all gets a pass because growing a child has got to be the most incredible thing in the entire world.  
last pregnancy my stomach stretched and itched to the point i would scratch it so bad in my sleep i'd wake up with raw and scabbed skin (yes, i know it's super gross... pregnancy isn't glamorous) and actually my whole body itched super bad.  but my stomach would get so terrible i would have to pull my shirt up and ice my stomach and if i was in public i just had to make sure that nothing touched it or "set it off."  this time... no itching.  i am so insanely grateful for this.  like words can not express this fully.  last time was miserable dealing with that.  this time it is so wonderful to have skin that just feels pretty much like it normally does.
i keep alternating between being so insanely excited to birth a baby and then frightened it won't be as awesome as last time or that it'll hurt and i won't be able to handle it.  i keep alternating between being so excited for a newborn and then just wishing i could have abigail as an only child for the rest of eternity.  i keep alternating between wanting to get everything ready and set up and wanting to just keep everything exactly how it is for as long as i can.  and a million other contradictions.  as you can see, i'm still struggling.  i would be content staying 35 weeks pregnant for a while though.  or having more than a month to go before welcoming this little boy.  as i've said before, this pregnancy is going way way way too fast.
i'm getting those random moments where i'm completely out of breath and have to sit down.  that happened to me a lot today.  i don't know if it's from carrying all the extra weight or from my lungs being cramped and not having enough room but MAN, it makes me feel like i just ran a marathon when in all actuality i'm just trying to stand on my own two feet!
i wrote about it in a previous entry but my sweet southern grandmother, despite her cooking resembling that of paula deen and everything, including the veggie being deep fried, is phobic and prejudice when it comes to fat and gave me the "don't gain too much pregnancy weight" fat talk about 6 weeks ago.  well, because of the most random once in a blue moon situation, one of her friends from her ward visited my ward two sundays ago and then told my grandmother about it this past sunday.  so today when i'm on the phone with granny she's telling me "marilyn cranford said she saw you and that you looked great and i'm just so happy about" and about 4 other variations of that sentence.  it was hilarious.  i think granny was really concerned about me getting fat and i'm so glad sister cranford could put in a good word for me and put granny's heart at rest.  sister cranford, i owe you big time!



taken 11.25.12 at 35 weeks, 3 days
taken 11.25.12 at 35 weeks, 3 days
ps- i know this outfit is a bit of a stretch.  but dressing for church is difficult as it is and don't pregnant women get a pass on all fashion faux pas that happen in the last month of pregnancy?  it's the rule... you just have to turn a blind eye to stuff like this.

No comments: