Friday, November 16, 2012

our kitchen time

wednesday night we were having a blast hanging out in the kitchen waiting for my honey to get home from texas.  it's moments like this that make me already nostalgic for this one on one time i get to spend with my little pal.

so neat and orderly
 
ignore the dirty face/chin rash.  also, she looks just like my brother right here. it must be the comb over.
 
 
 
what are thomas and toby doing under those wet paper towel scraps you might ask?




we put dishes away, did some wet paper towel cleaning, sweeping/mopping/scrubbing the floors, and some dancing with pandora.  i love having a little mini me to keep me company and keep me motivated in my cleaning efforts.  it didn't end rosy (maybe we both wanted the same scrub brush at the same time...) but we had a blast while it lasted.  

i'm getting super nervous for the two kid thing.  not that i'll have double the kids i currently do... that i'm okay with because when i was nannying, i always had two kids (sometimes more!) and it wasn't a problem.  the part i'm hesitant about is that i'm sad for baby girl to not be my only little buddy.  my friend ashley summed it up perfectly for me today when she described her experience with it as "i felt like i was betraying my little girl" because honestly, that's exactly how i feel.  like i'm plotting against her.  i know it's ridiculous but it's real for me.  i'm just really trying to soak up this time with baby girl.  i only have one kid but i've already determined that there's just something special about the oldest... the one that made you a mother and the only one that got to be an only child.  crossing my fingers i'll love this next one as much!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I remember those same feelings. Haylee and I were best best buddies!! The last few weeks before hunter came I remember soaking up every moment with her. But dont worry. Haylee and I are still very best buddies when it's just her and I. Hunter and I are best best buddies when its him and I. And lucky for me I now have two best buddies when we are together! but you are right. There is something super special about your first born! I can't wait to see you with another! You are such a great mom!!