Tuesday, August 28, 2012

free time

i have way too much free time.  at the risk of being judged or hated, i'll admit that it's after 6pm and i have seen my child for a grand total of 3 hours today.  i got her out of her crib this morning at 11am and she was grumpy (as has been the trend for the past five days or so) and in desperate need of a nap by her usual 2:00 nap time.  and now it's 6:10pm and she's still in her crib.  i can hear her playing and laughing happily.

normally i waste my time.  almost all of it.  but lately i've had a few too many friends tell me "man!  i could get so much done if my kid napped for that long!" or "i'm so jealous of all the sleep you get!" (although i think she meant "could get" because even though i stay in bed until it's time to get my kid up, i normally wake up at least an hour or two before that).  so today i made a greater effort to be productive and as a result, honey will come home tonight to a super clean house and homemade dinner and dessert.  i certainly feel better about life when i spend my time doing worthwhile things but why is it so hard to get that ball rolling?!  the first step is always the hardest.

my time is abundant... my motivation is not.  what a cruel joke.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ohmygoodness. I feel this way nearly every day. Being motivated is such a tough thing. It's so easy to forget what you love and why you do the things you do! But take heart, Carrie, it's something I think most everyone struggles with. Truly.

But! Congratulations on a clean house, dinner, and dessert! That's definitely a step in the right direction!