Tuesday, August 14, 2012

what's not to love?!

pregnancy comes with lots of challenges.  the one i've been struggling the most with lately is loving and appreciating and enjoying my child like i used to.  even a week ago i would have told you that every second with this child is pure bliss but the past few days have been difficult for me.  sunday i would have told you that none of it was.  yesterday i would have told you it was mostly fine.  this morning, not good.  tonight, pretty awesome.  

anyways, tonight felt so good to me because as i put baby girl in bed i experienced the familiar sadness i feel at night when i have to say goodbye to her for 12 hours.  it felt amazing and made me realize what a crazy roller coaster i'm on every day.  so in moments like right now where i'm just overwhelmed with love for my child, i'm just going to write a little note to my tomorrow morning self saying...

i love that she puts her shoes on by herself.
i love that she found this hat in her toy bin last week and has loved wearing it so much lately.
i love that after a long hard attempt at something she'll ask for my help.  i know it won't last.
and i even love that spaghetti stain on her hat that she got during dinner by using her chicken parmasan hands to keep that beauty in place.
"seriously?!  suck it up... what's not to love?!"

No comments: