Thursday, August 30, 2012

23 weeks

How far along:  23 weeks  (8.30.12)
Total weight gain/loss: +15ish lbs... maybe even 15.5
Maternity clothes:  still wearing the regular pants that i can button and feel comfortable in.  clothes make me claustrophobic though.  hopefully that's due more to the weather and heat than being pregnant.  one will go away and one will only get worse.  i went shopping again while my christopher was out of town and got a white tank, black tank, green tee, and black long sleeve shirt.  and some maternity skinnies.  maternity tops make me feel like i have the cutest belly ever and they're so comfortable.  i looooove long shirts!
Sleep:  about the same as what it has been.  most nights i wake up for a bathroom break around 4 or 5am and i still have crazy dreams.  a weird thing for the past week or so is that pretty much every single one of my dreams involves at least one of my young women at church.  it doesn't matter what i dream about, my laurels will be there!
Best moment this week:  that award goes to... tuesday night when my christopher got back in town!  i don't know what the deal was (maybe teething because she's been mouthing everything in sight) but baby girl was on one for pretty much the entire time my christopher was out of town.  it was rough at times but it made me all the more appreciative to have our little family of three back together again!
Movement:  as i said before, i'm still floored at how powerful and distinct everything is ---> i'm just still so shocked and amazed at how strong and uncomfortable these kicks, rolls, and punches can be!  and how often!  this was definitely not the case with abigail.  especially in my lower belly it's just so frequently very very uncomfortable.  and it's still soooo early in this pregnancy for that!  regardless, it puts my mind at ease to never have to wonder if i haven't been feeling him move enough.  there is no doubt in my mind that i most definitely feel him move plenty!
Food cravings:  i feel like a broken record because not much is really changing week to week.  but here we go again... i want to stuff everything in my mouth.  not asap, not right now, i mean like ten minutes ago.  i've been trying to lay off the chocolate and i've been doing a good job not sneaking in extra french bread during the day but i still eat a whole lot.  if it's in front of me, i'll eat it.  if it's not, i'll just dream and fantasize about it.  i literally dreamed about caramelized onions last night because of the pizza i made for dinner yesterday.  yikes.
Gender:  BOY!  umm, i keep having experiences hanging out with friends where their boys are literally running into things, doing daredevil stunts on the playground, throwing toys and yelling, or just other kamikaze type actions and i think to myself "oh heavens hold me.  i am soooo not ready for this."  don't get me wrong... i'm totally excited.  just often a bit hesitant too. ; )
What I miss:  having energy... physically and mentally.  i blame the heat.  hopefully things will cool down sometime and i can be mobile again.
Milestones:   reaching viability.  and it only gets better.  in just a few weeks, if this baby was born, he'd have a 90% chance of surviving.  comforting even though we know it's much more likely he won't be born til 41 weeks.
Theme: the week of constant belly bumping.  seriously, it feels like this kid is in a never ending ddr battle.  calm down little boy!
Extra:  i think i may be experiencing some braxton hicks contractions but i'm not sure if it's that or if it's just how the baby is positioned.  all of his movements are so powerful and noticeable that it's been kinda a new experience for me.  my belly is growing really fast.  all of me is.  i'm outgrowing everything it seems and what's left just keeps feeling tighter.  i feel so heavy all the time and any time i try to move my body all i can think of is "ahhh the inertia!"  kills me.  my sister had her little baby boy two days ago and i'm so excited for the little boy cousins to be good friends since they'll only be four months apart.  i really can't think of anything that's changed drastically. i'm grateful for an uneventful pregnancy and that everything this time around is so much easier than last time.  


8.30.12 at 23 weeks
compare to 23 weeks pregnant with abigail

1 comment:

Lydia said...

i felt so much the same way when we found out we were having a boy. Especially after sweet little Adalie. I kept thinking, how in the world do you raise a boy?! They are so stinky and dirty...but he will have your heart in 2 seconds and you will come to love the dirty =) I am so glad you're feeling so good though!!