Friday, August 24, 2012

24 hours - a day in the life

let's type up the last 24 hours of my life so i can get my mind off of the second most traumatic experience of my life.  in case you'd forgotten... the gold medal for traumatic experiences still goes to this one that happened last summer.

last night at 11:30 i prayed and read my scriptures and instead of just going to sleep, i got on the internet instead.
12:30 am still on the internet and it hit me like a ton of bricks "where on earth did this massive headache come from?!" and then two minutes later i realized this was definitely a migraine.  and that i suddenly felt intensely sick to my stomach.  turned off the computer and eventually fell asleep.
4:00am on the dot, woke up with my stomach clenching painfully.  made my way to the bathroom and threw up times five.  felt so much better but still not great at all.  brushed my teeth and went back to bed.
5:00am on the dot woke up again with the urgent need to throw up and literally ran to the bathroom (good thing i'd left the light on from the previous time!) and threw up a few more times.  i normally don't really mind throwing up... i'm not one of those people that hates it.  but this time i was hating it.  it hurt my pregnant belly and my oh my how it burned my throat.  brushed my teeth and rinsed out my mouth a million times and went back to bed.
7:30am felt like i could probably throw up but went back to bed instead.
8:00 woke up with a still really bad headache and not feeling great but not feeling like i'm going to die either.  while i was showering i was wondering if i maybe had just eaten something that didn't sit right.  then as my head was still in intense pain and i kept getting out of breath and lightheaded like crazy and was still dealing with an empty queasy stomach, i realized that the throwing up must have been because of the migraines.  it's been forever since i threw up from having a migraine.  like at least two years i'm guessing.
10:20 tiptoed up to baby girl's room and wished i had my camera to take a picture of her sweetly sleeping self.  no time to get it so i just woke her up instead.  it took her a minute or two... she must have been super tired.  diaper and clothes and a few bites of oatmeal before we were out the door.
10:30 got to jodi's to drop off baby girl.  panicked because she wasn't there.
10:40 jodi got there.  thank goodness!
11:00 got to my in laws.
11:15 to 12:30 ate lunch with elder perry and my in laws.  that man loves his ipad.  also, he's even taller in person.
1:00 made it to jodi's
2:00 arrived home and ate lunch
2:30 baby down for nap
5:00 i woke up from my nap.  first one i've taken in a while.
6:30 went upstairs to get baby girl up.  she was already awake but still just playing happily in her crib.
7:00 got to the quilt place... won a prize!  somehow i knew they would pick my raffle number.  sixth sense?
7:30 left quilt place and went to old navy and ross.  got two pairs of infant shoes for fifty cents each that were originally $10.  who pays that much for old navy baby shoes?!  nothing was on sale in the maternity section this time.  ross had some stuff though so i left there $50 lighter.  honey is going to have to start staying in town because i seem to shop and spend more money while he's away...
10:15pm got home and ate dinner
10:45 put baby girl to bed
11:00 walked into my bedroom to find a gigantic spider on the floor by my bed.  immediately broke into a full body sweat.  i'd just been thinking how wonderful it's been that i haven't seen a spider in like two months and here's a huge one the first night my christopher is out of town.  it wasn't as big as the enormous wolf spider from that one time last summer but it was huge and gangly and tall.  so i called my friend across the street (they stay awake late so i knew they wouldn't be asleep) and told her to send her husband over.  the spider crawled under the bed in the two minutes before he got here but with the help of a flashlight, a broom, and a roll of paper towels... we (he) got that sucker taken care of.  i'm still so jumpy but there were a few major tender mercies about this experience, namely that i happened to be fully clothed when this happened.  what would i have done if i was in my g's when i saw this and couldn't get past the spider to get clothes on before i called someone over?!  anyways... now i'm going to go back to being jumpy about seeing spiders and i hate that.  i need therapy.
11:45 and i still have this awesome headache that will not let up.  ugh... crossing my fingers for some restful sleep and some not too scary dreams.  is it tuesday night yet?!

come on baby girl... time to go next door to ross.

and just when i thought she might be following me... i looked back to find her mounting this dog.

but we still left happy.  thank you old navy for your complimentary balloon and bouncy ball.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sure, just casually skip over the part where you had lunch with elder perry. Is this a regular occurance so you don't even think twice about it?

Diana C. said...

I was thinking the same thing as Sarah....... WHAT?

ok said...

Um, no joke. Seriously?!

Also, I'm sorry you didn't feel well. Have you gotten your eyes checked lately? I get migraines when I look at the comp without my glasses.

My blogroll hadn't updated this morning and I thought you hadn't blogged since Friday. I got very upset. My daily Carrie update is sometimes all that gets me through the day. :)