Friday, March 28, 2014

Gardens

Saturday morning at who even knows what time I hear whispering... "Carrie!  Carrie!  Psssst... Carrie!" I'm rolling my eyes in my groggy state and was all "what?!  What do you want?" Because I was so tired and trying to go back to sleep. Liza's all "stop moving!" because the air mattress was noisy rubbing against the tv whenever I moved. I know! I'm just trying to get comfy so I can go back to sleep!  And then em tells me the whole night she was purposely trying not to move at all because she thought she was sleeping next to Liza and didn't want Liza to get mad at her. She woke up and looked me all "you've been in my bed all night?!  I would have moved way more of I knew it was you!  I just didn't want Liza to yell at me!"  Can you tell Liza's the oldest?  We have a funny family. 

I can not even express how happy it makes me to walk downstairs and sit around the table with my aunts and cousins and sisters and mother and enjoy some coffee cake and sweet breads and fresh fruit while we laugh and ponder the complexities of Greek yogurt. 

We also decided to recreate this picture from 20 years ago. This was at my baptism. 


I pulled my hair back and Star cuffed her jeans. Aside from that, we are all as is. Completely by coincidence, Star is wearing the exact same cure for cancer bracelet in both pictures. That's timeless style... Which can not be said for the rest of us...

At 10:30, we were headed out the door. After a quick picture, it was off to the gardens! We lined up with tallest in the middle. Which is humorous because the two in laws went on either end. We've got tall genes. 

Bumble B acres, we'll be back tonight! 

As we were locking up the car, we had some chocolate. How appropriate. 

I think I missed the flowers in the whole first 45 minutes because I was so excited to hang out and talk to everyone that I wasn't even looking around at the flowers. 

But the gardens were wonderful. 

This was like a mini of the exhibit the Atlanta gardens recently had. 

We looked for every possible photo op. Sometimes inspired by statues. 

Or benches. 



I loved looking at the tulip names. They were like nail polish names. 


We just really love each other. 

A lot. 

Star forced me to recreate this statue pose with her. Originally she was going to be the man but she has a bad knee that couldn't bend so I was the man. And was no strong enough to balance is without falling over. 






No comments: