Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It never ends

Last night I stayed up way too late wasting time online when I should have put myself to sleep hours earlier. I couldn't help but keep looking out the window at a whole lot of white.  So because I'm still like a little kid about snow, before I closed my eyes for the night, I thought I'd hop out of bed and tiptoe to the front door to see how much had fallen. It was gorgeous. Also, I didn't even know we were supposed to be getting snow... And multiple inches at that!

Anyways, our bedroom is on the main floor and as I walked past the base of the stairs I could have sworn I smelled nasty sickness. So I ran upstairs and poked my nose in where the kids were sleeping. Sure enough... Disgustingness. Thinking Brady must have pooped and had another gross blowout before bed, I contemplated waking him up for a fresh diaper. But then I realized, the smell wasn't coming from his bum... It was his head!  

So there he was, sound asleep, head buried in a pool of vomit. What's the protocol in that situation?  I seriously was just standing there in this vomit smelling fog, weighing the pros and cons of waking him up or letting him sleep. I chose to let him sleep so he could wake on his own. Then I could give him a bath in the middle of the night or whenever he woke up and put him back to sleep til morning. 

Well, he didn't wake up til 5:45 and it took long enough to clean up his crib and his clothes and give him a bath a put a little food in his tummy... That kid is up for the day and so am I. Honestly, I would have anticipated it being worse but the time has flown by and it's already the time I would normally wake up for the day. Now I'm just trying to figure out what the heck to do for nap... For Brady. Surprisingly, I feel fine. And it's been fun to hang out with honey before work. 

But can someone please tell me what is going on with my kid?!  He's had weird stomach issues and gross diapers/diaper rash off and on for the past month. Literally I think it was February 5th when this all started when he woke up with vomit in his crib. It only lasted two days last time so hopefully it'll be quick this time too. Especially since he already threw up yesterday while he was eating and that would make us half way through by now! Anyone?  The only thing I can think of is teething... But it's been going on a month and I see zero new teeth. A week ago, his doctor says she just thinks it's GI stuff and to keep an eye on it. I'll have to email her again and see if she has anything new to say...

edited to add: umm two hours later i picked up the crying kid and saw something in the back of his mouth.  thinking it was something inedible, i checked it out.  ummm, it's a molar.  i had only been checking frint and center, just assuming the next tooth would be on the bottom since he's got four on top and two underneath.  i didnt have molars on my radar at allllll.  mom fail.

also, it's 5:18 amd he's been napping since 11:10.  this has got to be a record.  i'm not sure that abigail even ever took a six plus hour nap.  sleep it off brady... you need it.  

No comments: