Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday organizing

Today, Abigail told me all about her Sunday lesson on water. It's for drinking and for plants and for animals and for rain and snow and this blue balloon looks like a rain drop and you can throw it in the air to play "one two three church mouse!"  I love when she tells me what she's learned. 

I found this picture to be hilarious. It kind of looked like she was about to get blown away with the wind. When I was little, my grandmother used to tell me I had to eat my breakfast or else I wouldn't weigh enough and I'd be so skinny I would float away. I believed her. But sometimes I see the way Abigail is knocked about with this crazy Colorado wind and I sometimes wonder if maybe it could be true for her. 

Christopher forgot he had Brady's carseat still in his car from yesterday with lunch/shrek so Abigail had to ride to church sans carseat. Not ideal but I felt okay that it was in our neighborhood and the speed limit was 25mph and we actually didn't see another car the whole drive there. Since she just recently was still rear facing, I'm pretty sure Abigail thinks she is graduating carseat stages at lightening speeds. 

Her hair is driving me nuts. It's pretty cute if I blow dry it but it doesn't stay that way for long. And it's getting stringy on the ends again so I want to bob it. And her bangs don't brush to the side like they used to so it's like she's got a Elmer framing her face. I want her hair to grow out but I'm struggling to cope with it in the meantime. Don't be surprised if she's sporting a new do in the next week or two. I'm such an accidental poet. 

These kids are a magnet for anyone trying to get something done. 

I couldn't believe it, but my honey agrees to go through his boxes of childhood and keepsake  stuff in the basement! We made a good dent but still have a long way to go. Also, now I can more clearly see what stuff I need to go through by myself. 

Good thing I bought a ton more of these bins last night. We just started sorting everything into categories. Stuff will have to be gone through in more detail later but this is a huge step. We had a few bins for sports paraphernalia, a box for Hungary mission stuff, a box for photos and letters from grandparents/family members, a box for keepsake items (like the tag he got when he did church hungarian translation for conference sessions), a box for stuffed animals, a box for scouting stuff, a box for junk (that was actually titled "lanyards"), a box for trip souvenirs, and a box of stuff that we actually brought upstairs because they are things we would like to use or display in our home. Mark my words... We will not buy our kids stuff just to buy stuff. Like sports keychains and jerseys and stuffed animals. That's a whole lot of money that just didn't need to be spent.  We could open a gift shop with all this stuff. Seriously, someone hold me to it. I'm not passing along four bins of sports paraphernalia for Brady's future wife. 

But we did find some serious gems that I'm kind of in love with. Fun fact: my honey used to have goats. Christopher and popcorn and peanuts... The three amigos. 

Complete in a livestock frame. Does it even get any better than that?!  Probably not. 

I know this was an insanely painful way for my honey to spend so much of his Sunday... But I think it was a good activity for us as a family and then later just as a couple. We laughed more than we disagreed and really, I'm just so appreciative of my honey doing this so I can further my goals of having a house of order. I should make him cookies or something.  

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hahaha! Jeremy had pigs! :) I'm calling you tomorrow...