Friday, March 21, 2014

I'm in Texas!

I'm absolutely loving it. 

Yesterday I packed. I finally made a packing list like I've been planning to do forever. Packing is so easy when it's just for yourself for a weekend. Amazing. 

Last night, I was all packed and ready and in bed by 11. And this morning, I woke up before my alarm, was never rushed, experienced no anxiety, ran ahead of schedule, and was ready before John even got here. I have never experienced anything like it. I switched carseats over while John hung out with the kids, we all packed up the car, and were on our way! 



Security was a breeze. Traveling without kids is so relaxing. Even on the drive to the airport I almost didn't know what to do with all my free time since John was driving. I out on makeup and then responded to emails and texts I'd never gotten around to. And same thing at my gate while I waited for my flight. And then I read Jane Austen's love and friendship on my flight. It was just a whole lot of me time. 

My flight arrived twenty minutes early and I walked around a bit, and then was ready and waiting to welcome these two as they got off their plane. 


Party time! 

No comments: