Saturday, March 29, 2014

Home again... with eggs

Monday, I borrowed aunt Mary's truck to go visit my dear friend Carolyn who happened to live only 30 minutes away!  

Like true friends, we didn't even skip a beat. 

Back at aunt Mary's, we had leftover pork salads that we enjoyed on the back patio. 

While we watched Marianne ride a horse. 

Dog, pig, goat, horse, all in a row. 

Matching polka dot shirts. 

Meanwhile we had a pig roaming at our feet. 

I packed two eggs in paper towels and played them in this mostly empty lotion container I'd brought. Sooo excited to bring home farm fresh eggs! 
 Saying good bye. 

Aunt Mary and Liza. 

Back in Denver without any problems or travel delays! Frontier is my least favorite airline. Just as an FYI. 

Honey picked me up with the kids in tow. He still was pretty sick but able to function. It was eight something at night. All three of them were in pjs. I held Abigail's hand on the way home and she drifted off so sweetly. She's so precious. 

With my three loves all in bed, I started unpacking, threw in a load of laundry, and made myself my eggs. I used the two I'd brought home and one from my fridge. Brown speckled, mint green, and stark white. 

The farm eggs had bright orange yolks. 

See the contrast?  The white egg is the yellow yolk on the right. 

I was sad not to be able to show the eggs to Abigail so she could share the excitement with me but I was glad to get to eat them all myself. I'm all for sharing experiences but don't ask me to share my food. 

Who's already ready for another sisters daughters trip?!

No comments: