Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A day for the hall of fame

I don't want to jinx it or get too ahead of myself or anything because it's still pretty fresh, but I want to just get down really quick my love of June 4th 2015. 

It's a cool date because it was my due date for Elizabeth, so it's the date I had my eye on for my entire pregnancy... But that's not why June 4th is one for the books. 

After nearly 2.5 years of being potty trained (that should actually probably just go in quotes), Abigail woke up on June 4th and, for some crazy unknown reason because who on earth knows why these things happen, decided that she would go potty when she felt like she needed to go potty. Cue the choirs of angels singing from on high. 

So yes, Abigail has been semi potty trained since she was 2.5 but not actually. Because, while she could keep her undies dry, it was only because I was telling her to go. I could explain more except that I'm lazy and don't feel like typing it all on my phone right now. I'll just say that I have spent many tantrums (on her end and mine) and many tears (on both ends as well) over this and I truly, honestly, didn't expect this day to ever come. Well, at least for another five years or so. 

But, she woke up one day and went potty multiple times on her own and I couldn't get enough of overhearing the kids play together and then catching "Brady, I'll be right back, I just need to go potty."  The next day was the same and the following day as well. 

Well, it's been two weeks now and she's still doing great. I don't know what finally made this come to pass and I'm not sure how long it'll last, but in the meantime, I don't want to miss this opportunity to celebrate this pretty significant milestone of Abigail's. 

So I saw this in my facebook feed today... 


And decided I needed to write a little blog post. I wish I was kidding, but this is one of the happiest things I've ever experienced. Really, truly, one million percent. My heart is grateful. 

*Also cool that Elizabeth turned one week old on June 4th. Although that wasn't really fantastic news because she's growing up way too fast already and I'm not that thrilled about her growing older in super speed, as seems to be the case. 

No comments: