Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Perfection

Today was amazing. 

Last night, I put Elizabeth to bed at 9pm. She slept 6.5 hours, I nursed her, she slept 4.5 hours, and then she woke up for the day at 8:15. Also, Abigail kept her bed dry all night and came in to hang out with us. We had girl time. All four of us. 


That's Emma. Why Abigail could only come up with "Vaseline" for 5 months when thinking of names for her baby sister and easily thought of "Emma" in a matter of hours when naming her Barbie doll... That kid. 

Also, Emma's swimsuit rubs off in the pool. It's pretty fun. 



; ) 

Anyways, I decided the timing and weather would be just right for a day at the pool so I spent the next two hours or something (why does it take so long?!) getting everyone up and fed and ready for the pool and gathering towels and pool toys and floaties and snacks and sandwiches and everything else we could possibly need. I saved time by skipping eating at home and packing a smoothie and 32 ounce bottle of milk for myself. We got to the pool by 10:45. It really did take at least an hour and a half to get there. But it was so worth it. Y'know why?

Because we stayed for SIX HOURS. It was glorious. Elizabeth fell asleep around 10:15 (in her car seat while I rocked it with my foot and made peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches with my hands) and we got to the pool at 10:45. And since that kid is amazing, she slept until 2:15 and then hung out happily in her car seat after I nursed her and then after an hour and a half or so, eventually fell back asleep until I woke her up at 7:30pm or something. I'm loving this whole easy baby thing. 


Honey even left work early and came to join us around 3 or so. So we took turns with Elizabeth (since she was awake but needed to be in her car seat in the shade) and the pool with Abigail and Brady. Brady was doing awesome jumping in and letting his head go completely under the water. Now I just need to get Abigail to do that... ; ). Also, Brady adores the big pool now. Like just stands next to the stairs and cries until the lifeguard calls kid swim again. 







And then honey had the amazing idea to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We haven't been since before Elizabeth was born. We let the pool at 4:45, ran home just long enough to change into clothes, and packed in the car again to go out to eat. We got our free appetizer (since we bought one of those high school cards with discounts) and got the grilled shrimp... Which hit the spot so perfectly. Holy cow it was good. And the kids downed the toasted rolls that came with it. 


We got seated in a more secluded booth and since we have Elizabeth, we we've been upgraded to a six person booth instead of our usual four person booth. The extra space was wonderful! Also, I was glad that if she woke up and needed to eat, it would be easy as pie to feed her right there. It wasn't necessary because she slept the whole time, but it was nice just having that peace of mind. The kids were super hungry from being at the pool all day so they were awesome eaters. They shared a 6oz sirloin with a loaded sweet potato and broccoli. 

They were really well behaved and got along so well (like we had to tell Abigail to stop hugging and kissing Brady and just eat her food instead) and it was seriously perfection. Brady got marshmallow stuck to his face and kept repeating "I need a napkin, mom" until I reminded him that his was in his lap. It was hilarious every time. 




And honey got a little cake for his birthday. He also got sung to and had to sit on a saddle or something?! But I missed that because I was taking Abigail to the bathroom. Luckily, the waitress grabbed honey's phone so he would have a picture to show me. HA. 


My favorite part about dinner was probably that I didn't stuff myself to the point of regretting my life. I ate one shrimp, half a roll, half of my steak, half of my sweet potato, and two bites of chocolate cake. It's sad how happy I was that I left the restaurant feeling normal instead of insanely nauseous like my stomach might burst. 

It was also perfect because Abigail got most of the cake... Which ended up being her special treat for keeping her bed dry since I forgot to get her ice cream this morning. 

She wanted to make a funny face for the camera, but let it be known, she was thrilled about getting more cake than the rest of us. 



Also, Brady continued to get chunks of food stuck to places on his face that were near his mouth without being in his mouth. The kid is hilarious. 


And then we came home and let Elizabeth keep sleeping in her car seat and let Abigail and Brady make a bed and play around a bit. 

Around 7:30, I finally woke up Elizabeth to feed her and honey got the kids ready for bed. I put Brady down and passed Elizabeth off to honey while I showered. And when Abigail came down to "hang out with us" we didn't even care. So she watched America's got talent with honey and Elizabeth while I lotioned up (let's be honest, it was Vaseline) and eventually got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. 

Then she went to bed, honey went to sleep, I gathered up Elizabeth to swaddle her and top her off, and then she dozed off too. But of course I'm now staying up hours later blogging and wasting time. That's what happens when you have an easy baby and aren't sleep deprived. You waste your nights. 

It's just the ending of a blissfully perfect day. 

No comments: