Monday, June 29, 2015

Because Mondays are good

One thing I love about tracking stuff on my baby app (ibabylog in case you were wondering) is because it helps me easily look for patterns of things. In the beginning I was wondering how well I was doing weaning myself from pain meds and how often/how much I was having to pump. Lately, I've been looking through to check for patterns of Elizabeth's sleep. One thing I thought I noticed (and confirmed through the app) is that Elizabeth typically wakes up around 5:30. I figured this out last night around 11pm or so when I was writing her one month post. So I was humored when I woke up this morning at...

But I think I didn't burp her well enough or something because instead of waking up at her usual 8 (give or take), she woke up again an hour later. Which made me want to give up on sleeping and browse fb. I think the Internet is the reason we are all so wanting of so many things. Before the Internet I would have nurses my baby at 6:45 am and been totally content with my life. But not now. Now I can use my iPhone to discover that my life is nothing unless I can procure a "she shed" to call my own. Because it's not enough to hang out in bed... I need a space (not just a room, but a tiny structure) of my own. And it needs to look amazing. While I realize the ridiculousness of a "she shed," it didn't stop me from picking my favorite from the list of pictures and taking a screen shot of it. I think it was my favorite because it had tons of trees, windows, and a bed. All of my favorite things. 

Today was the first day of swim lessons (crap! I'm remembering now that I never called my mom back dangit. I suck.) and it went about like I thought it would. Abigail was scared but completely compliant. Brady cried. Tomorrow we're going to see if it goes better with me in the water with Brady (per the instructor's suggestion). I think Brady just freaks out with a stranger holding him more than being in the water. Anyways, the lesson was from 9:39-10 so we just stayed at the pool because it opens at 10. Lucky for us, Sarah and her kids showed up and then Kristen and Sharon and their kids. And I was sad when they all left but then Jodi and Elle came like five minutes later. And then summer and her mom Jennie. We eventually left close to three because we ran out of food and were hungry, but it was perfect having a constant stream of our friends. Tomorrow we'll stay (but I'm packing way more food) and my friend Kerra will be coming and bringing her girls. Today, the kids got burned (mostly on their upper half but especially cheeks) and honey told me I need to apply sunscreen to them every ten minutes when we go tomorrow. Whoops. It's seriously a full time job keeping these fair skinned kids cancer free. It was the first time in several pool visits that I let Abigail wear a swimsuit without a rash guard and I let Brady wear his short sleeve rash guard instead of the long sleeve one. Guess we won't be doing that again for a while. 

Half the fun for Abigail and Brady was playing out of the pool with Sarah's kids. It was cute. 

Elizabeth just hanging out on Sarah's lap. 

The best was when Elizabeth got fussy and started crying (which was weird because she typically only cries for a reason) and Sarah was all "I love being able to pass off a crying baby" (Sarah doesn't love the baby stage of kids) and I was all "I love that when you hand my kids to me, she stops crying and then immediately falls asleep on my lap!"  I mean, I held her on my legs just the same as Sarah was (which is typically how I hold her) and somehow, she just calmed right down like she knew I was her mom. I loved it. 

Brady. Because he's so funny and cute to watch. 

Below his knees... The only part of him getting tan this summer. It's like he stepped into a puddle of mud. ; ) 

Brady is getting bossier these days. It's to be expected since he spends so much time with Abigail and myself but whatever. ; ) He frequently gets upset when he doesn't fit next to me in the pool chairs or this chair at home. If I'm holding Elizabeth then he wants to be right there... And it's not okay if he doesn't fit so we try to make it work. 

I cracked myself up when I managed to photobomb (with elizabeth) Brady's selfie. 

I can't express enough how much he loves taking pictures and getting his picture taken. Especially when Elizabeth is involved. 

He thought it was so cool when he reviewed this picture to find out that honey had made his way in the back of it. Ha. 


Abigail's hair is getting so long (well, y'know... It's taken a while) and I know that because I was able to just on a whim braid her hair when I was playing with it and it didn't take a concentrated effort to pull it all back or make it stay twisted right. She always has me take pictures of her hair so she can see what it looks like. I love it. 

After the kids were in bed, I made a smoothie (my third one of the day... It's all I want) and watched some bachelorette with my honey. We forwarded through most of it but holds cow, is this the most boring season ever?! Or does it just feel like that because I've only watched like 20 minutes all season so I've missed the important parts that would make these conversations and interactions even remotely interesting? 

But let's talk about food for just a second. I've never been one to be obsessed with food (only at small and occasional points in my life) but right now is kind of a new low. I seriously only want smoothies.  And granola bars. I like those too. But I don't even crave cereal or eggs anymore (even though they're good... I just don't want them every day like I used to). Want to hear what we ate today? The kids had oatmeal and chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie for breakfast (I had just smoothie), we all had granola bars at the pool around noon or so, when we got home around 3, the kids had the rest of their oatmeal and a strawberry smoothie (I had strawberry smoothie), and for dinner, we all had life cereal. I followed my cereal up with some chocolate cake and had another chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie after the kids were in bed. Recap: the kids had oatmeal, smoothies, granola bars, and cereal.  I had three smoothies, a granola bar, chocolate cake, and life cereal. It's amazing to me how satisfied I am not cooking and how much happier my kids and husband are when I don't cook. I think as far as summer goes, I'm gonna plan to just make one or two dinners per week. The rest can be smoothies and cereal and sandwiches. 

Also, I'm counting down the days til Atlanta and the beach! Ahhhh!!!! I can't wait! 

No comments: