Sunday, June 14, 2015

Saturday

It's so great having mom here to visit. Saturday was great. I slept in til 9:30 while mom got up with the kids. Then she took Abigail and Brady to the pool at 10:30 while I hit myself and Elizabeth ready. We got there at 11:15 and all had a blast til 3 when we decided to head home. Elizabeth was still sleeping and I was kicking myself for not packing good so we could have stayed longer. 
Getting home, we ate lunch and I fed Elizabeth. Then mom hung out with the kids while imposed the lawn and showered and got ready and made a grocery list. It's amazing how much easier everything is when you're not juggling kids every four minutes. 
She fed Abigail and Brady and got them ready for bed while Elizabeth and I went to Walmart. So when I got home, I could feed Elizabeth while mom read books to the kids and then swap and give her Elizabeth while I put the kids down and unloaded groceries. Abigail and Brady (and myself, let's be honest) were all hanging by a thread from being way too tired and worn out and I'm not quite sure how that would have gone down without mom's help. 

Well actually, it wouldn't have. It would have been a day without the pool, another day without groceries, and another week without mowing the lawn. It also would have been Elizabeth puking on herself again had mom not been holding her and ready to catch the vomit when the gagging noises started. 

I'm so thankful for help. And especially that right kow, it can be my very own mother. 







No comments: