Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Today was a good day

Today was awesome. It started with last night I guess. I put Elizabeth to bed at 8:15 or something and then had myself asleep around 9:45. I tried a new feeding strategy during the night to keep feedings more like a dream feed instead of really focusing on a thorough feeding. I mean, how successful are you anyways when a newborn decides to stop eating and just go to sleep?!  It's always a losing battle. So last night I kept her swaddled and in tact and would just feed her and put her back in her Moses basket and she's dose right off again for a few hours and so would I. So we had a perfect night and I woke up at 6:45 super well rested and in a great mood. Elizabeth woke up at 6:50 so I fed her and changed her diaper, re swaddled her and put her back to sleep at 7:15. Then I went downstairs for a nice bowl of cereal and to edit some pictures on my computer and do other random stuff I can't even remember. I even got to see honey a bit before he left for work so that was really nice. 

The morning went smoothly. Elizabeth actually woke up again at 9 so I fed her and did all of that and the kids got to hang out with her a bit while she was awake. They thought that was super cool. I put her down for nap again at 10:15 and Abigail and Brady and I headed down for breakfast... Eggs on toast. ; ) first time I've had it in almost a week. 

So then the kids and I played some and read some books and whatever until noon, when lucy came over to see if Abigail wanted to play on her slip n slide with her. Brady didn't want to miss out so they both got swimsuits and sunscreen and I grabbed the baby monitor and headed on over. I didn't think Brady would want to get wet at all but it was like he was made for the slip n slide. And he kept happily exclaiming " mom! I like this slip n slide!!!"  Ha. It was so cute. 

I got them sandwiches and apples (even though we'd recently had breakfast) so they could picnic outside with lucy and Presley and the kids had a blast while Stephanie and I hung out and talked about awesome stuff like how easy newborns are and how painful it is to have an overactive milk supply. 

We all went in at 2.  I put Brady down for nap and read Abigail a few books before quiet time and tried to wake Elizabeth to eat (it was in vain) and then finally pumped a bottle because I was in so much pain (I left plenty in because I knew she'd wake up to feed any minute, but I still got 8 ounces... What newborn needs that much milk?!) and got out some paint and coloring pages for Abigail to paint while I fed Elizabeth and spent that 45 minutes or so with her. Luckily she woke up in the mood to eat (it had been almost five hours) and ate well (and didn't even chicle or drown since is pumped!) and was back asleep within an hour, which was right at four.  But not before Abigail got to hold her. ; )  Honey had been planning to come home by four but I told him everything at home was going really easy and that he could stay however long he needed. So I put on a show for the kids (because I'm all about that these days) and just took it easy. My friend/visiting teacher came by at 5:45to drop off dinner and came up to the guest room to see Elizabeth so we hung out and admired her for a while until honey got home around 6.

We ate (both kids going soooo slowly although not sure why since it was Mac and cheese and fresh fruit) and even though I almost went crazy, I hung in there and we all went up to bed where I almost went crazy again with them dragging their feet. I swear dinner time and bedtime are the longest hours of my day but I survived. Elizabeth woke up at 7:45, just as the other kids were getting in bed. Brady threw another twelve tantrums about going to sleep because he does that now and likes to cry "I want to see baby leeabet" a million times in hopes that he can somehow spent the rest of the night with her. At this point it's still cute though.

So then Elizabeth and honey and I went downstairs and watched maybe ten minutes of the bachelorette (because it's stupid and we fast forwarded it all and aren't sure why we try to watch anyways) and some Americas got talent which was far more entertaining. Then Elizabeth and I got ready for bed and went to sleep a little before midnight. It was a successful day in the three kids department. 





























No comments: