Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day two

Today was my second day home alone with the kids. Abigail drove me crazy this morning and both kids had their moments, but aside from the usual stuff like that, the day went really well. Abigail came in to wake me up at 9:45 I think and Abigail's friends came over to play for a while. And then everyone did slip n slide at Lucy's again (I initially told Brady he needed to nap instead of go to Lucy's and you'd think I'd told him Christmas was cancelled for the next thirty years he was crying so hard, so I told him to grab his swim suit instead) while I did a few loads of laundry and took a shower. I washed off a layer of milk from my body and shaved my legs and felt like a brand new person. Amazing! Honey came home early from work to take the kids to the pool so they went straight from slip n slide to the pool with honey. It was their first time this year. Sadly, it only lasted for 20 minutes or so until it started thundering but they had fun while it lasted. Stephanie brought over an amazing dinner for us of lasagna and garlic bread and salad and cookie brownies. The kids came home and played in the bath while I unsuccessfully tried to wake Elizabeth to eat. We all ate dinner and then hung out while honey procrastinated going to his softball game that hadn't been cancelled yet but was sure to get rained out. Luckily he was still home when it started hailing (although he's parked his car on the street to get the double stroller out for the trip to the pool) so I continued to talk on the phone with Liza (who had her baby this morning!!! Cousins exactly six days apart!) after I yelled to honey to run and pull his car in the garage. The kids watched Stella and Sam and then headed up to bed with Christopher while I eventually caved from the pain and pumped a bottle and then got Elizabeth up (luckily she was waking on her own this time) to eat what was remaining while I texted Sarah Mitchell inappropriate pictures and whatnot. But then of course the kids came in wanting to hang out with Elizabeth, so even though she'd fallen asleep on my chest immediately after finishing eating, we all read a book together (honey had just read it to the kids for bedtime and Abigail insisted that I should read it to Elizabeth because she's love it and think it was funny) while everyone gathered on the bed and Elizabeth snuggled on my chest. It was glorious. Once the kids were actually in their beds, Elizabeth and honey and I went downstairs to watch Americas got talent again. It was fun and it made me think of when Abigail was born and she's just nap on us while we hung out around our apartment. That doesn't really work all the time with two other kids, but it's in to do after they're in bed. I texted Emmy and ate a ton in the kitchen (food is sooooo appealing to me right now, even though it all gives me a stomach ache (did my stomach shrink too much so now it can't handle more than two ounces of food at a time?!) and cut up one of the most delicious pineapples ever. Between honey and myself, we ate almost the whole thing (mostly honey) and would have finished it off except, once again, my stomach kills after the smallest amount of food so even though I ate two small installments of pineapple like thirty minutes or something apart, it wasn't much. I would have eaten the entire thing if I could have. 

Anyways, then I had honey do the dishes for us and we called it a night. I put Elizabeth to bed and then wrote this blog post. Because heaven forbid should I be logical about sleeping when my baby sleeps. She's an awesome sleeper so far though so I feel like I've got flexibility.  Also? I'm so happy, I'd totally regret not recording these first days of three kids. I really really really can not express how happy and amazing I feel and how emotionally liberating it is not to be in the cloudy fog of pregnancy depression. I know I wasn't suicidal or anything and it could have been much worse, but it's like experiencing the baby blues for a whole pregnancy. I didn't want anything to do with my kids and I didn't want any more kids and was so depressed that I would soon have three kids when all I wanted was zero. But now? Now I'm obsessed with my kids again. Especially this love affair Brady is having with Elizabeth. He is infatuated with her and it's the best thing ever. Ever ever ever. 

Anyways, I'll hopefully add pictures later... But for now, at least I've got the memories written down. 

No comments: