Sunday, June 28, 2015

Henry's birthday party Sunday

Today was another great day. Even better than normal Sundays because we didn't have as much down time for me to struggle with.

My day started off alright. I woke up to feed Elizabeth and eventually got out of bed to get crying Brady. I told Abigail and Brady to go downstairs and have daddy get them some breakfast but when they came back up, I remembered that it was the fourth Sunday and Christopher was gone at ward counsel. Dangit. Ha. So I made us all smoothies. I'm loving smoothies lately. And since I've been drinking them again (instead of eating mass amounts of rolls and butter), I've felt better and even lost a few lbs. So that was our first breakfast. 

My morning was brightened when I walked into the kitchen and saw the beautiful flowers Abigail picked for me yesterday. I seriously love them. 


Abigail loved hanging out with Elizabeth in her bouncer after breakfast and Elizabeth seemed to be enjoying it too, so I left all the kids in the kitchen and went to take a shower. I got in the shower and literally thought to myself "this is the best shower ever" because holy cow, the water was the perfect temperature or something. It felt incredible. 


And all the kids were still happy when I got out which was very happy for me. 

You know you're a tiny little lady when your newborn bloomers swamp your petite bummy bum (as Brady would say).  

Church was great. The kids did pretty well during sacrament meeting, Brady went to nursery no problem, Abigail actually walked to primary by herself... well with her friend Sophie... they held hands, and Elizabeth didn't wake up til the last twenty minutes (which makes three weeks in a row I think) which was perfect timing so I nursed her and picked up the kids and met up with honey before all walking to the car together. 

We ran home after church to change clothes (except Elizabeth who we left in her car seat in the car) and head to Henry's birthday party because he's turning two tomorrow. Henry belongs to honey's Stanford friend, will, who lives about 40 minutes from us. It was a cute party (Snow White themed because it's Henry's favorite) and had Apple slices on mini skewers to dip in yogurt dip or caramel and then roll in toppings like graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips, marshmallows, crushed pretzels, and nuts. It was an awesome idea and so delicious. They also had bread cut outs from an apple cookie cutter so could do little mini peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for your kids. All the food was so cute and delicious. And they even had little craft tables and coloring tables set up and a water table outside. It was mostly a party for adults (all the kids were super young) and low key, but definitely entertaining for our kids which I'd been a little worried about. Elizabeth slept until the end of that so I got her out and then fed her and hung out a little more and put her back in her car seat. By the time honey got her car seat to leave, she'd already out herself back to sleep. 


On the way home, honey and I decided to out the kids straight to bed. It didn't happen. We lingered outside a bit and Abigail picked three flowers. Why?  Why pick every flower that has bloomed?!  So I stopped her at three and told her to run and give them to Lucy, Presley, and Kalia, who were all out playing. Brady promptly picked the remaining two flowers on tha plant. Ha. Seriously?!  When I asked him to leave some on next time he tried to reattach the ones he'd picked. He's precious. 


Elizabeth was awake by the time we got home so I took her up to feed her. I took off the top shirt I was wearing to more easily feed Elizabeth. So naturally Brady needed to try it on while Elizabeth ate. 

When I came downstairs, I found Abigail coloring sidewalk chalk with lucy and honey chillin in a camp chair on our driveway. So much about our plan. So honey and I held Elizabeth and Brady in our camp chairs while we watched a storm in the distance. It was great. Then we headed in for bedtime. I'm obsessed with Brady's legs these days. Turns out the boy tabs pretty nicely which gives him the cutest legs ever. Will even commented on his tan lines tonight at the party when he saw them because Brady was wearing shorts and you can see how his legs get whiter. Also, I know he's not a pudgy kid by any means, but he's got more toddlers softness than Abigail ever did and that combined with the tan. Oh how it makes my heart potter patter. As do these little sleep shorts of his. Me rn with the random lightening McQueen shirt he wanted to wear to bed tonight. 

Elizabeth. Because I love her. Baby acne and all. 

We love taking pictures. 

But mostly Brady. Allllll day long photography. 

It's been a good day. 

Also, this was me last night. 

The idiot that stays awake until 12:30... Over four hours after her baby has fallen asleep. I'm determined not to do that again tonight (even though it's already been an hour and a half) but it's hard because I can't take my beloved unisom while nursing. Wish me luck... I'd probably get decent sleep if I could just go to bed at a normal hour. I'm sure I'll figure this out eventually, right?

Tomorrow morning is the first swim lesson for Abigail and Brady. Cross your fingers that it goes well!

No comments: