Saturday, June 6, 2015

Wild animal sanctuary

Last night I put myself and Elizabeth to bed at midnight. We didn't wake up til 5:30 this morning. I fed her and had her back in her basket in 15 minutes and then she slept from 5:45 to 8:30. I woke up feeling so happy and refreshed and was priding myself on my clear mind from lack of sleep deprivation. Then honey came up at 8:40 and I was all "what're you doing home?! I thought you would be long gone this morning so I didn't even text you to tell you I was awake."  Honey was all, "what? Why would I be gone?!"  Ohhh whoops, I forgot today was Saturday. Probably because yesterday didn't feel like Friday and all of the days before that have lacked any definition. But a least I'm well rested even if I don't know what day of the week it is. ; ) 

I finished feeding Elizabeth, Christopher got himself and Abigail up and ready and then got Brady up and fed the kids and packed snacks. I got ready and packed a diaper bag and we were all off to the animal sanctuary. When honey came up to the guest room this morning I asked him if we should do something fun today and he immediately suggested the animal sanctuary, which I'd never even heard of. It's an hour or so away, north of Denver. 

The drive was wonderfully scenic.  It looked like countryside in South Georgia. Not the prettiest parts of Georgia but just some of the average dirt roads parts of it. The actual sanctuary was cool. I really liked reading the signs of where some of the animals came from even if they were crazy and sometimes super sad. Like the guy who was living out of his car and raising tiger cubs. I think it said that he charged people money to have their pictures with them. So many stories of people in apartments, mobile homes, etc raising fox, tiger cubs, lion cubs... What?!  Seriously?!  Anyways, the weather was great. Hot at times, but with a nice breeze. I got Elizabeth out and fed her in the tv pavilion thing as we were leaving and then we all got in the car to drive home. She's a really easy newborn and I'm loving it. Hopefully our kids will appreciate this outing and be a little better haves than they have been the last two days. ; )

I can hope, right?!















No comments: