Monday, June 15, 2015

Sleeping in in comfort

Elizabeth has been a great sleeper so far. She sleeps for hours on end during the day and night and typically falls asleep really easily. I've been using the ibabylog app that I used last time with Brady so I can track everything and it's been helpful to check out patterns with timing and length of sleep and whatever. So I know that lately, I've been putting her to sleep for the night between 9 and 9:30 and she sleeps at least 4.5 hours (but occasionally like last night almost 6) and wakes up around 2:30 or so. And then she'll sleep for 3.5 more hours and wake up with the sun. What I've noticed on my own is that once the sun is up, she'd like to go back to sleep, but only in my arms. When I put her in her basket, she lays there and grunts and hiccups and squeaks and grunts some more... Indefinitely. Until I give in and just hold her because it's too much for me to try to sleep through and I start to crave the quiet morning hours spent holding my sleeping babe. So, I'm actually waking up pretty frequently around 5:30am.  Which explains why my day always feels four hours ahead of the actual time. ; ) 

But this?


Oh my goodness I love it so much. 

Also, waking up at 5:30 means that I see texts like these in real time, even though my phone is on silent. 


What a great start to the day, huh? I truly won in the mother in law department. 

Also, like Klaudette said, I'm so glad my mom is here as well! Honey went to New York this last weekend for a Stanford thing (the original plan was for me to go too but I got pregnant so we went with that plan instead and just sent honey) so I've been really glad to have mom's extra help. And extra great timing when honey told me yesterday morning that he'd need to go to Washington for a few nights this week as well. 

Also, I'm going to be super sad when mom isn't around to laugh at my kids with me... Or sweep my floors and do my dishes after every meal without me even seeing her so it feels like I have magical cleaning fairies and I can pretend that my kids and myself just don't make messes. 



No comments: