Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday














This morning Elizabeth and I woke up, and then Abigail joined us, and then Brady woke up screaming (because his two year molars are breaking through and he wakes up completely distraught now... Which is why he got to watch golf the other morning when he woke up) and we all threw on clothes and met my friend Jenna at her park at 10. We stayed until 12:15 or so and came home for some eggs. Abigail drew some awesome pictures on our back patio with sidewalk chalk and Brady cried and whined about eggs, stirring, the screen door, going outside, and that he wanted daddy.  Also that he got burned three times (toaster/toast and two times on the egg pan) because he's immune to listening or just more clumsy when teething? The boy doesn't handle teeth well... never has. He's already chewed a slice in his binky and had enough nasty blowout or leaked out diapers that I'm sure he's over teething just as much as I am. Sadly, I'm sure this'll last a while and I'm just crossing my fingers that the worst is over by the time we head to the beach in two weeks. Anyways, I made and ate my eggs (anyone heard of the bird fl?  ...I'm kind of dying at how pricey eggs are but my heart hurts for those chicken farmers a whole lot more) and then had the kids eat theirs while I took Elizabeth upstairs to eat. 

They finished and came on upstairs. But instead of getting Brady and putting him down for nap, I just told the kids to go play in the playroom so I could keep cuddling Elizabeth. It was this strange physical sensation that I can't really put into words other than I literally couldn't make myself out her down... While I simultaneously fought off the urge to squeeze her with all my strength. I remember that feeling with newborn Abigail. Anyways, so much love. We're all obsessed with Elizabeth but I havnt been indulging as much as I should. I've been choosing taking the kids to the pool and doing laundry over just ignoring life and soaking up Elizabeth. Well, today I blew off a lot of things to spend the afternoon just holding her and cuddling her. I didn't put away laundry, I didn't make dinner, I didn't clean up lunch, I didn't put Brady down for his nap on time.  But I did hold Elizabeth and kiss her and study all of her features and just relish that sweet newborn newness. It was incredible. 

Anyways, eventually I put her down just long enough to out Brady down for a nap at two and then I held her again. Presley came over to play with Abigail so they were perfectly content while I just kept holding Elizabeth. Until Brady woke up screaming at 3:30 or something. Then I held Brady while he yelled at me to stand up. I weighed him the other day though. He weighs 28 lbs and holy cow I just can't even hold him for long anymore. It's not that he's super heavy so much as that I already have back issues and especially holding a newborn... My back can't handle him for extended periods of time now. I think he and his molars know it because he just begs all day long for me to just hold him. Oh Brady. It's funny that certain things I remember from having him as a newborn are true this time around except he's not the newborn anymore. If that makes sense. I have a newborn again, but Brady is still the one that cries the most and needs to be held the most and is my wildcard when I go to the store with the kids... He's the one that just gives out the most drama. ; ) 

Honey came home at 4:45 so we could go to the library, but then I remembered that it closes at 5 on Fridays so we returned a ton of books, movies, and CDs, and then went to O'Brien park instead. We ate granola bars and cuties and then came home and had smoothies to round out that gourmet dinner. ; )  the best part of dinner was when I told Brady he was going to knock over his smoothie if he kept playing with the straw (it's like I can see the future) and then Abigail and I used our straws to drink the spill off the table while Brady screamed his head off (he's very possessive abut his food... Even food he doesn't want anymore) and Abigail and I giggled and continued while honey took a video. Don't worry, Brady eventually got over it and actually really likes watching that video. Ha. 

The kids and I all room turns talking to Emmy on the phone at one point during the bedtime routine and Brady was so cute to watch. He's just a funny kid. He told me about the video of me drinking his smoothie and about going to the park and was so funny about how he had to hold the phone to his ear. 

Also funny of Brady? He says stuff like "I want Elizabeth eat my belly!" Which is his protest when I tell him that he can't hold her because she's eating. He somehow thinks he can nurse her and gets mad at me every time I tell him that only I can. Poor kid. He loves her soooooo much. 

Anyways, the day was good.  I took a million pictures... Mostly of Elizabeth. Because that was the theme of today. We went to two parks and everything else was just us loving on this tiny girl who doesn't even have a clue yet what hit her. So much love. 

We're just overwhelmed with love and happiness over here. It's a pretty good strip we've got. 



No comments: