Friday, March 23, 2012

the onion

forgive me if i already posted these pictures.  pictures come in spurts and when there's some, there's a ton and when there's not a lot, there's basically none.  like right now.  so here are old pictures... of an onion.  this blog is going downhill, that's for sure.

anyways, a few weeks ago i noticed something unique about my view of the fruit bowl.  it included something new and different.



like an onion sprout!


i checked my other onion i had hiding away and found this:
 
i've resolved now to not get so behind on my onion consumption.  although i have to admit that even though it proved my lack of a hand in cooking, i felt some sort of strange success that i unknowingly grew something.  when i start getting into house plants i'll have to pull from my extensive experience of growing onions... by accident.

ps- sorry for the lack of interesting posts.  baby girl has been a bit of a challenge, leading to very few pictures and a very tired me.  last night i was in bed by 7 30.  i didn't go to sleep until 8 30, but still... i was in bed for an hour before our baby was.  that says something.  it was really great i got some extra sleep because my sleeping in baby woke up at 6 30 this morning.  so when baby's typical wakeup time rolled around at 9 30 it was a little weird to me that we'd already been awake for 3 hours.  we got in some great cuddle time but i'm really hoping for nothing earlier than 8 tomorrow.  the lack of sleep in only perpetuating her grumpiness.

No comments: