Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sleep socks

add socks to the list!

cell phones and purses and shoes and toothbrushes... socks and bananas and... PAUSE.  tell me you're singing that to the tune of "these are a few of my favorite things."  but this version is more like "these are a few of baby's obsessions."

i keep a pair of really fluffy yellow socks in the drawer in my nightstand.  they're my sleep socks and i only wear them in bed when i'm sleeping.  baby?  oh, she wears them when she's awake.

you know you have it good when you look up from what you're doing to see this and laugh so hard you startle your baby near tears.

 
she was looking in the mirror and loving her reflection... with socks.
loves these elastic hair ties as bracelets.
 
 
it's always a feat getting long socks off
 
 
i don't know why she tries to put these on her feet.  doesn't she know anklets are out?!  anyways, today when i changed her diaper before nap i noticed that she had three of them around her right ankle.  hmmm.
check out those teeth!  she has a full set now!

and this morning was another look up and laugh situation.  i was doing something on my computer and i look over to see that baby had put on my socks, gotten a toothbrush and toothpaste, and sat herself down on the bathroom floor to brush her teeth.  this is the stuff she does now... she's temporarily lost interest in her toys. 

 
this is definitely in the outtakes category but for some reason it's also one of my favorites so i had to include it.
 
loooove my baby.  and her blues.
i find her endlessly entertaining.  so much so that i devote my life to blogging about it.
check out her facial expression.  this is real physical exertion.
ha.  that sock could stretch from here to china.
where's baby?!
"poop poop!"  that's actually what it sounds like when she says "peekaboo."  cracks me up.
i could be getting ahead of myself but i feel like we're making progress on the "look at the camera and smile" front.  wouldn't that be amazing?!?!

happy tuesday!

2 comments:

ok said...

I am cracking up! First it was Dad's exercise socks and now it's Mom's sleep socks! Seriously, Carrie, she's a hoot. Want to come to Tennessee to visit so I can meet her?!

Jeff said...

Some really cute pictures!