Thursday, March 29, 2012

randoms

tonight was temple baptisms with the youth.  i haven't done youth baptisms since i was a youth myself.  and i've never done baptisms in the denver temple.  and i haven't done baptisms at all in almost five years, since i went through the temple.  i was a little bit terrified like a fish out of water.  but i was the girl that handed out the towels and really, i only screwed up once.  my shoes and skirt got wet but i survived.  all in all a really great night.  i loooove those young women.

we got furniture for our guest bedroom!  i'll take a picture once it gets set up.  woohoo!

today i made serious progress cleaning out our catchall junk room.  it's actually just the yellow bedroom upstairs but it's been trashed these past few months so i've been trying to spent some time in there sorting and organizing whenever i get a minute.  and today i made major progress so i'm super pumped.  maybe maybe maybe i can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel for that.  i consider myself an organized person but lately, my house has not been reflecting that in the least.  picked up? yes.  clean? no.  organized?  definitely not.  that's what spring is for, right?  i credit spring with this motivation i'm experiencing.

because i know you're so anxious to know... no, the yogurt on the patio didn't work out.  i guess i was a little too anxious for the warm weather.  it's nice outside but not quite hot enough to make yogurt.  i had to bring it inside and finish the job in the cooler.  someday i'll post how easy it is to make your own yogurt.  easy as can be and makes you feel like pioneer woman.  very empowering.

loving the warm weather but i think my favorite part is the cute summery clothes i get to pick out for baby girl each day.  i love seeing her little arms and lets poke out of her t shirt and shorts.  and her love for those pink tevas is inspiring.  i wish i loved getting dressed even a 100th as much as i love dressing baby girl.

i love my friends.  near and far.  i wish i wasn't so crappy at keeping in touch with people.  i used to be really good at that and now life is busy and i use my free time to nap.  ugh.  i swear i'll get better with this whole time management thing.  i HAVE to!

baby girl is still doing well.  not quite back to how she was a few weeks ago, but she's been sleeping in til at least 8 every day and her naps monday, tuesday, wednesday, and today have all been three hours or close to it.  and she's doing well playing on her own and has even started playing with some of her toys again!  i feel like i was without my baby for that week she turned into jekyll and hyde and it's laughable how excited and appreciative i am of my sweet baby girl's return!

k, i'm tired and off to bed.  as soon as i sneak upstairs for a minute to kiss my baby goodnight!

2 comments:

Lyndel said...

I went and chaperoned the Youth for temple baptisms a couple months back. It seriously was the weirdest thing and I definitely felt out of my element. I handed out towels too :) It's weird doing the "adult" jobs now isn't it?

Post the guest bedroom pictures soon! I need some furniture ideas for ours :)

love!

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

I miss our friendship too. So to make up for it, I'm going to come and stay at your house. Then our friendship can restart and we'll become friends again.