Saturday, March 3, 2012

the rest of breakfast

keeping with my promise given to you in my last post... i deliver to you... part two!!!  actually, you may be disappointed because the rest of our morning was actually primarily spent bumming around.  my back pain has been kinda out of control this past week so i wasn't up for leaving the house with baby girl thursday or friday.  i have the body of an eighty year old (abounding with back pains and migraines... thanks mother!) and that's a whole lot of chasing and lifting that i was pretty sure would do me in.  sooo, really, that promise about part two of the rest of our morning actually just meant "the next ten minutes of breakfast."

it went something like this...


followed by tons of freaking out and NOOOOOOO!!!!!

and then she ate the kiwi.

but when i gave her more, it looked like this...

"take this kiwi away!!!"


words can not express my love for the pouty lip.  i LIVE for baby girl's pouty lip.

it curls out just so perfectly i feel guilty for loving it so much.
the sad situation is this:  baby girl is pretty neat and tidy and likes to play by the rules.  she obviously did not want the kiwi... not in her mouth, not on her tray, not anywhere near her.  but she wouldn't drop it on the floor because she knows that's not what we do and she stopped doing that crap looooong ago.  couldn't put it on the tray, couldn't drop it on the floor, she had no choice but to hold it.  and it was hilarious.  i find far too much joy in every single aspect of my baby's life.


but somewhere in the fog, i was able to find my heart and i offered to take the kiwi away and she instantly had control over her breathing again.

"really?  you'd do that for me?!  yes! yes! take this kiwi from me!"

i think she figured out i'd been holding out on her.  whoops.

and then all was fine again.



want more kiwi?


no?  okay then.  how bout you get down and play now?


and thus ended the forty and first tantrum in the year morning of the toddler.

ps-  yes, yes.  i know i shouldn't taunt my kid so much.  but oh my heavens... have you ever seen anything more precious than that pouty lip squinty eye cry?!  me neither.

No comments: