Friday, April 26, 2013

the very hungry caterpillar

i'm so excited for summer.  i went shopping tuesday night after our young women activity... all by myself (what a luxury!) and could actually fill my cart up with food since all of the space wasn't already taken by my children.  i price matched and saved soooo much money (i wish they would tally it for you at the bottom of the receipt like they do for coupons and whatever) that i didn't even feel bad about getting so much food.  one of the things that made me happiest was all of the fruits and vegetables on sale... and i kind of went crazy.  i got tons of oranges and a canteloupe and even a $.99 pineapple.  my fruit basket looks glorious.

this has made lunch time around these parts so much easier (at least for the time being) because my kid is obsessed with new foods (otherwise known as "something else").

so here's today's "what she ate"...

1/3 of a canteloupe
1/2 of a tomato
a few bites of avocado
1 pringle
a slice of home made wheat bread (courtesy of my awesome laurel adviser, jen)
and one of the biggest bananas you've ever seen

and then of course she just kept alternating between wanting more banana and "something else."  how was she not on the verge of vomiting after all that food?!

for the record, i told her she wasn't allowed to eat anymore until after nap and luckily she was okay with that.

No comments: