Sunday, April 14, 2013

I hate balloons

let's have a short celebration right now because... i'm going to have a husband in 12 (or so) hours!  yeay!!!

tomorrow we're having an actual celebration though.  we're hosting a birthday dinner for my awesome mother in law.  i really love her... but hosting and feeding people?  this is so out of my comfort zone.  cross your fingers for me.

sibling love.  this is the extent of their play together.  thankfully they both think it's awesome.


like really super awesome.  baby girl asks me about ten times a day, "is brady bigger now?" followed by something like "he can push my shopping cart!"  someday... when he can walk.


within the last few days, baby girl has taken her love of purple and pink to a hugely obsessive extreme (like equal to or surpassing thomas!) which meant that our whole shopping trip at walmart today was her begging me for anything packaged in those two colors.  i said no a whole lot but she won with these plates.  


"i want mommy take a picture of me with the pink balloon!"


just a picture of brady and me and the cake we were baking.


balloons are great because they take about four seconds to blow up.  i hate them though because once they're blown up, they have a mind of their own and are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with.  take note that this picture was taken during broad daylight.


this is her third or fourth outfit of the day.  all pink.  she had me wear purple.  any time i ask her to pick out what i should wear, it's something pink or purple.  i don't mind.


not daylight anymore.


the chocolate glaze frosting whatever didn't look how i wanted it to and i was really annoyed by it.  so i made another batch of it and waited til it cooled completely so i could drizzle it over what was already on the cake and have the pretty drizzle marks.  this triple chocolate cake now has a whole huge ton of frosting.


but the drizzles are so pretty it was worth the trouble, right?


check it out... way too much of my life was spent trying to achieve this careless "i just happened to toss these balloons up here" look.  it's like my china cabinet is wearing a headband.  made of bubbles.


i had full intentions of using regular, nice plates and silverware until baby girl convinced me at walmart that pink cupcakes were better.  now i'm just looking forward to not having to do all those dishes tomorrow night.  even though we know it would be honey doing the dishes, not me.  i'll cherish the extra spooning time though.


more balloons... but these took all of two minutes so i don't hate them so much.

and now it's just another night of getting to bed at 1:30.  because that's what happens when your baby fights sleep until midnight and your other kid wakes up at one because of the crazy wind/rain banging on her window.  and now i get to set my alarm for way too soon so i can shower and get myself and two kids fed and ready for church and make sure to have dinner in the crock pot before we go.  the plus side of having no husband?  i'm sending my counselor to ward council in my place tomorrow morning.  i've only ever missed one other time in the last 15 months and that was right after i had brady.  as much as i'm not crazy about ward council, i'm experiencing just a bit of fomo.  don't worry, i'm sure i'll get over it.

2 comments:

Lyndel said...

ummm your chocolate cake looks incredible! I love how it turned out too :) Hope your Mother-in-Laws birthday party was fantastic!

Diana C. said...

yea that cake looks amazing