Saturday, January 26, 2013

happy 100th grandma!

things to know: my grandma's favorite color was yellow... and requested everyone wear it at her funeral even!  also, she was a lifelong lover of swimming (and even won several olympic medals!) and being physically fit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

like my cousin elise (her name elise and my middle name elise, and abigail's middle name elise are all after my grandma whose middle name was elise), i ate dessert before my meals today too.  although i will admit i didn't do it specifically to celebrate grandma's birthday today.  but i think it was more special this way.  it proves that her legacy lives on, that she has successfully passed the "desserts should be eaten before and after meals" tradition through my father to me.  

happy 100th birthday grandma!  we all love you so so much!

3 comments:

Diana C. said...

Ya'll have the coolest family. That's amazing and such a neat experience. Glad ya'll got to do that.

EmmyLou said...

Thanks for putting those all together!

Jeff said...

That was a perfect post. It was a great day.