Sunday, February 9, 2014

blog backup

one time, a long time ago, i read on facebook or something that some girl i knew back in college had her blog crash.  and she lost everything.  like really e v e r y t h i n g.  so naturally, i have since developped this out of control fear that my blog would crash i and i would lose all of the pictures and stories and memories.  i'm big on journaling and since i type way faster than i write (and it's just more fun and more convenient), i almost exclusively journal on my blog.  except for a few more personal things that i normally write in gmail and email to myself, this is it.  of course i back up all my pictures on an external hardrive and now on google +, but the random stuff that my head comes up with around midnight or so?  well, that's pretty much exclusively on my blog.  and all of that stuff would be down the drain.  so i thought to myself, i'll print a blog book!  but those things are crazy expensive (i mean it would be hundreds of dollars to go that route) and i think i would just get new anxiety trying to take care of that book making sure nothing happened to it.

well, my 10pm self tonight is brilliant because i had this exordinary idea to...  wait for it...  google "is there a way to back up your blog."  i'm a genuis, right?  it only took me how many years?!

anyways, turns out, it takes about 60 seconds to back up your blog.  not a huge time commitment considering the benefits.  if you're interested... check out this post... it's the very first link if you google "is there a way to back up your blog.

am i the last person in the world to do this?!  why on earth did no one ever tell me this already?!  and umm, how do i know if it actually worked?  let's add "tech savvy" to my list of qualities i'd like to develop in 2014.

No comments: