Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dining room chairs!

Elle came over to play. Since Brady has been sick, I was keeping him away from Elle. But then I turned around for a minute and found this. I guess he wanted to play franklin dominos with the girls. And they were all so content taking turns and hanging out. All three of them. Don't worry, I scooped Brady up right after I took this picture. 

Because he's still feeling crappy, I had him take two naps. It was like he was a little baby again. Awake for two hours, sleep for two hours, awake for 2 more hours, asleep for 2.5 hours, awake for a few more hours... And down for the night. I had a good day but I think that double nap schedule is what made it feel so long. And that I took a power nap from 5:15-6 so I went to bed when it was light and woke up when it was dark. I always try to prep myself for that but every time I'm all "what's going on?!" And have no idea about the time or day or my situation or anything. Always a little scary. I imagine drugs may be semi similar... Anyways... Poor Brady. Liza, I got your text. Brady is up on his vaccinations and after some googling, it definitely doesn't sound like whooping cough. But it sounds exactly like croup. Whoops, I should have probably researched that earlier. Anyways, he's definitely on the mend and has barely coughed, like at all, since I out him to bed several hours ago. 

I finally took off the plastic wrap from our dining room chair cushions. I would have done this 2.5 years ago when we bought them but there's not an easy way to do it because it's attached just like the fabric. So dang tedious. My fingers were aching, my finger nails were torn up, and even the tweezers I was using seemed to look a little tired. Now I know what I procrastinated that chore for so long. But on the upside, my dining room doesn't have ghetto chairs anymore!  And the plastic cover always made the fabric look like it had a thick layer of dust on top... so here's to my dining room not looking so dusty all the time!

Also, why they gotta put so much stuff on the bottom of all the seats?!  This isn't even half of it! 

Seriously, they've got to invent an easier way to do this. Until then, don't count on me buying anymore dining room sets. 

This is going well. Abigail gets a sticker for outstanding potty performance. That means that it takes less than 5-10 minutes (depending on how generous I'm feeling), she only uses one squirt of soap (this is on the honor system... She doesn't lie yet), and uses less than four squares of toilet paper (because sometimes it's necessary to set limits and specify these things). Three stickers = watching a show.

We read this before bed tonight. Peekaboo! who is hiding?  "A mirror!"  Ummm no, it's supposed to be you. 

Precious. 

We had a really good RS activity tonight about dating. Anyone have any favorite date night ideas they want to share with me?

Or any valentines traditions?  Someday I swear I'll learn to be more creative. Until then, I'm a moocher. 

No comments: