Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines

Gift giving occasions stress me out. Super hardcore. So we so things simple around here. 

I had some good ideas, but having a sick Brady and being really sick myself just got in the way. 

When I got this... 

Reality set in. It was go time. 

This year I wanted to make Christopher some oatmeal cookies (his favorite) but that wasn't gonna happen with Brady on my hip. Instead, he got these. 

I highly recommend doing this. It requires chocolate chips (and milk if you're like me and mess up the recipe) and strawberries and about ten minutes of your time. 

And they taste wonderful. 

My honey gave me my most favorite and requested item... A card with sweet sentiments. This year it was 15 things I love about my wife. I totally thought he wrote "to my B" and was all "umm whaaaat?!" 

But I looked closer and it's a heart. "To my heart" makes way more sense. Side note - I love that he's constantly saying "where's my heart?"  Abigail and I love responding to that. 

My heartfelt note to him looked remarkably like Abigail's and Brady's. pink construction paper and purple crayon. What can I say? We crafted together. 


Oh, and these fondant covered cookies my friend Jodi makes. She sold them to help her daughter raise money for a service trip and they were 3 for $5. I got two packs for free because she loves me and because she used a previous picture of mine to advertise the cookies. I say this because that means I had six cookies. And I have three to my honey. These cookies are a big deal and about as rare as they come... I can't think of another sacrifice like this that I've made for my honey recently. I'm ashamed by how difficult this was (and still is) for me. I'm actually really proud of myself for going through with it. I'm kind of still in disbelief. But I really love the guy so I guess it makes sense. 

Also, I'm still so insanely grateful to have him home again. 


So is Abigail. 

No comments: