Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rationing toilet paper

We buy the expensive toilet paper. I justify this because you don't need as much as if you buy the really thin stuff. Well lately we've been burning through it a million times faster than ever before and I figured out why. 

This roll was about 24 hours old. I'm guessing there's at least half a roll in the toilet in this picture. 

Now I have to keep our toilet paper high out of reach and only set out a small amount in advance. Our new, minimalist bathrooms look like this. 

Anyone have advice for me?  I've tried telling her it will break the toilet or that we will run out and not have any more to use, but she's just OCD and thorough. The top picture was actually just from her blowing her nose [unsupervised] for five or ten minutes but this goes for regular bathroom wiping too.

The plus side is that I don't have Brady attacking our toilet paper rolls anymore. No more unrolling the whole thing or (my personal favorite) clawing at it to shred tiny toilet paper confetti all over the floor. Does this make me an optimist?  I still want your advice. 

No comments: