Sunday, February 2, 2014

Long hours shopping

Today was fantastic. The kids and I had a leisurely breakfast and hung out. We FaceTimed my grandmother and both kids actually cooperated! Sometimes they're just fussy and whatever but today they were so happy and into it. Brady was walking like crazy and Abigail kept asking me if she could recite her memorized scriptures for grandmother. We had so much fun. At noon, I put Brady down for nap. I put him down early so he could hopefully nap before a 2:00 baptism. I knew it was a stretch but it was worth a shot. But he was still napping strong at 1:45 so we had to skip the baptism. Yesterday his sleep was off for nap and it made bedtime a bit of a challenge. So I wasn't about to chance it again today. Anyways, I got him up at 3:30 or so and we all got dressed and ate and headed out the door for shopping. We tend to shop when Christopher goes out of town. He left down Thursday morning and that night we stayed in, Friday night Elle came over for their movie party, and so tonight... Shopping. We always go to Ross and old navy. Because those are the best. 

I got so many amazing deals. Every single thing I buy is on sale, always at least 50% off. Tonight, old navy had an additional 20% off their clearance.  Score. My kids now have clothes for next winter. 

We seriously shopped for 5 or 6 hours. I always say I'm going to only go for an hour or two and be back by bedtime but somehow I always find myself in Ross at 9:30 pm with two kids in tow. I'm sure those employees think I'm an awesome mom. 

And then I let Abigail eat chocolate on the way home and watch mickey mouse while I fed Brady and put him to bed. We broke all the rules and it was so much fun. The kids were so great all day. Especially Abigail... She was my BFF and I couldn't stop myself from professing my love to her.  Constantly. When I put her to bed tonight, we read and prayed in her room and then I told her to tiptoe into Brady's room and get herself under the covers. I knelt at the door watching her and she got in and immediately climbed out of bed. Not saying a word, she came and gave me a kiss and then slowly started closing the door and nodded when I asked if she was doing that. She was heavenly. She had plenty of stubborn moments while we were shopping, but scattered throughout the day were a million and one moments of perfection. Many days I feel like we're frenemies, but today we were just best friends. I mean, while we were shopping she found a set of women's floral pjs and told me that when she's big, she can wear those, and she'll share them with me because they are so beautiful. I just wish I'd taken a picture of them. ; ) 


















It's times like this that I don't want to go to sleep because I just don't want the day to end. But here's to my day tomorrow being even better... Because my honey will be home!  Happy Sunday! 

No comments: