Monday, February 17, 2014

Screenshots = laziness

It's just easier this way. 




Brady has been sick for the past two weeks... He was fussy, then throwing up, then he had a cold, then all last week he had croup and the cold, then he was done with croup but still fussy, then he started having super nasty diapers, and today he woke up and barfed in his crib and continued with the terrible diapers so he's got a horrible awful diaper rash. Needless to say, this means we can't get out much. And I'm going crazy. 

Christopher told me to take some time for myself, so tonight after dinner and hanging out, I went shopping. I chatted with my grandmother on the way there. She is amazing. So uplifting and complimentary. I feel like she's changed since my grandfather really started losing his memory. Changed in a good way and I can't really put my finger on it. Like she got even more kind and loving and nurturing than she already was. I am so blessed to be able to learn from her example. I love her so much and even though it was only fifteen or twenty minutes, talking with her just made me so happy. 

And then I went shopping. I used to be phobic about spending money and now I think I'm a shopaholic. Like that was what I very very very most wanted to do tonight. I spent probably two full hours at old navy. And got some pretty amazing deals. Most everything at least 75 or 80% off and I even got a really cute pair of blue ballet flats for myself for 97 cents!  So I guess it's just really easy for me to spend money if the deal makes it a no brainer. Anyways, it was the perfect outing for me tonight. 

And then on the way home I talked to my long lost friend Sarah. It was one of those "we haven't talked in forever but it's like we didn't even skip a beat" sort of things. 

And a few other things I loved about my night...

I made pioneer woman's sour cream noodle bake. It is so delicious and it's one of honey's favorites so I got a hearty "his looks great!" when he saw it. 

I had the table set and dinner ready when honey got home. This is a once in a blue moon occurrence. Seriously. But I'm working on making it more frequent (see "house of order" post) so this was a confidence booster. 

That I went out tonight completely guilt free. Honey was happy to watch the kids (since it was his idea in the first place) and the kids (especially Brady) were fine for me to leave. 

When I came home, the dishes were done, the kitchen was clean, and the kids were asleep.

Sadly, I just can't seem to figure out if nights like this rejuvenate me and give me more energy to handle the hard stuff... Or if they just turn me into a spoiled pansy that's going to whine and complain tomorrow morning about likely changing Brady's sheets again...

Either way, so worth it. Tonight was awesome. 

And because I suck at taking pictures these days... The only thing I have from today is a shot of these shoes I didn't even buy. 

No comments: