Saturday, August 19, 2017

busy Saturday

this was a busy Saturday.  all great things, but I wish I could have spaced them out a bit over several Saturdays instead of just one.  

honey started the morning by going golfing with a few friends.  I think he left around 6:45 I think and I hoped that since we stayed out so late the night before that the kids would be super tired and sleep in. nope.  Andrew was up at 6:30 and I was excited to put him back to sleep at 7 and fall back asleep myself except that Brady came in at 6:50 maybe and then I heard Elizabeth at 6:55 and thought WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING HERE?!?!  I let Elizabeth fuss and cry in her crib for almost an hour.  I was SURE it had to be a fluke and that she would be falling asleep again.  nope.  so around 7:45, I gave up on her falling asleep and that was around the same time that Brady walked upstairs for something and told me that Abigail actually was awake already, she just hadn't left her room yet because she was reading fairy books.  all of my kids were awake well before 8am on a Saturday morning after they were up crazy late the night before.  and my honey was golfing.  awesome.  

In that first hour with Brady, he asked me for treats and I told him I'd give him two gobstoppers if he did 10 pages of his kindergarten prep book.  that kid is SO motivated by sugar.  once all the kids were up, I just let them play upstairs and in the kitchen until right before honey got home around 9:45.  also, because I'm a good wife, I set out a pan and all the ingredients and toppings for him to make us all French toast.  I think he appreciated my thoughtfulness.  






he appreciated it so much that he took our three kids swimming and I got myself and Andrew ready and went to the church at noon for lunch.  our RS had a super Saturday from 9-3 but I'm not crafty and didn't know that I would be able to commit to several hours there so I didn't sign up for anything... but I was all about eating and socializing for a bit.  that was way fun.  I had a great time with Larissa.  I've been able to talk to her more lately than usual and it's been awesome.  and Jen and Sara and Sarah and Krystal and others.  I know I keep saying it, but talking to other adults and friends is making all the difference lately.  so important.


it was yet another time of telling Andrew I'd be right back and then me returning at least half an hour later and seeing that he'd just fallen asleep waiting for me.  it's hard to know for sure but he might just be my easiest baby yet.  I'm trying to figure out how this happens because I know angel babies are rare and so far, I'm 3 out of 4 for my kids.



I'm a nicer wife than mom.  you better believe I wouldn't have let this slide with a kid.  makes me twitch just looking at this picture.

after super Saturday, honey was headed home from the pool so I went and put Andrew down for a nap and went back to the church to print the programs.  it was nice to be there during the daytime (not at night when it's so creepy) and that there were other people there.  I went ahead and folded them in the gym so I could talk to Krystal while she was sweeping the floor and cleaning up.  I feel like I never get to see Krystal except in passing so that was fun to spend time with her.  also nice that I got the programs folded and put away in bishop's office and didn't even need to bring them home with me.

then I went straight  to Walmart to return a few things.  I left at 4:15 and texted honey something like "I'm just leaving Walmart... wanna get everyone ready for becky's surprise party so we can leave right when I get home?"

I got no response.  and when I walked in the door, it was silent.  Abigail was upstairs reading fairy books, Elizabeth was napping, Brady was napping, Andrew was napping, and honey was passed out on the sofa... napping.  and in his groggy nature he was all "I couldn't get everyone ready because they're sleeping."  I laughed out loud.  yes! that's part of getting them ready.  wake everyone up and have them put on appropriate clothing for the party.  that guy.  good thing I'm crazy about him.

so, we were late.  I drove separately so I could go to a bridal shower right after for one of my miamaids when I was in young women's.  becky's party was so fun though and it was great when many of the people had left and it was just a group of us circled around in camp chairs, hanging out.





then someone brought me my fussing baby (I'd just left him in his carseat inside) which was a bit unusual because he really doesn't fuss often.  except when he's got a dirty diaper he sometimes will.  well, after holding him a minute, I realized he had a pretty colossal blowout and I had exactly ONE wipe in my purse.  I strategically buckled him back in his carseat and took that mess home.  new clothes for him (and new pants for me) and I was debating if I even had enough time to still drop by the shower.  I figured I could at least show up and give a quick hug and drop off my gift but when I got there, it was like it had barely started.  they did a three hour block and the first hour and half was an open house and the second hour and a half was the bridal shower... so the bridal shower was behind schedule because the first part went late.  woohoo!  glad I didn't scrap it all.  it was a lot of fun but I was exhausted when I got home.  I did a few things, showered, got Andrew to bed and was so ridiculously tired.

one of those days that felt like three.

No comments: