Tuesday, August 1, 2017

fun at the library

not everyone in the house wants to come snuggle with me first thing in the morning, but these two boys typically do.  

so precious.  so I just sat there enjoying the moment and envying the eye lashes I'll never have.  I wonder what it would be like to put mascara on such thick lashes. and to not even need to curl them first! I can't even.

not talking about this guy. those pretty much ARE my lashes.

talking about this one. inherited lashes from his dad.  they've always been so long and amazing.  he used to get so many compliments on them when he was a baby.  and ugh, they were such a pain because he had clogged tear ducts and his top lashes would somehow get wedged in his bottom eye lid and, since they were so long, they wouldn't come undone even when his eyes were fully opened.

our favorite neighbors across the street recently moved out of their house.  they're doing a new build ten houses up from us but it won't be ready till the end of the year so they're kind of homeless until then.  they just moved into an apartment and so the kids and I went to visit them.  Abigail can never remember the word "apartment" so she keeps calling it a hotel.  and upon hearing "hotel," Brady interprets that as "hospital" and says "they're having a baby?!?!" so obviously it's just a lot of fun for us to talk about.

Elizabeth played with their American girl stuff... sans doll.  she's like a giant Alice in wonderland pouring herself tiny cups of orange juice from a pitcher. I've never been able to get Abigail nice toys because she ruins everything so fast (toys and non toys... really just everything), but Elizabeth was playing pretty nicely with this stuff so I wonder how she'll be as she gets older.


when we got home, instead of going in the house, elizabeth just grabbed her chair and dragged it to the driveway.  one of her first words was "seat" and it continues to be one of her most used words.


I told Abigail several times that she couldn't use any pieces from Brady's spelling puzzles because things get ruined when they're not used for their intended purpose.  she gets an A+ for creativity and an F minus minus for obedience.  in all honesty though, I'm seriously impressed at her solution for the broken barbie elevator.  now I can't stop on whatever floor she wants it to.  well, she could... before I took that puzzle piece away and returned it to the box.  I'll find her a replacement.


he's not 100% a pet rock, but he's pretty dang close.  what a perfect 4th child because honestly, I don't have much time for him and he is soooo patient with all of us.


I haven't submitted the colors yet, but we're gonna go with gray.

I saw this and laughed out loud.  I even took a picture and texted it to Lisa with the caption "Soccer on Sunday: A book about fear of missing out and breaking the sabbath."  Jokes on me because Abigail saw it and was all "yes! let's get that one too!"  it's still kind of a win because normally she only wants fairy books and this time at the library she got a bunch the jack and Annie magic tree house books and even a magic pony book or something? some sort of other series that has kitten, puppy, etc. mini series in it.

my favorite part of the library... having my children ignore me.






I saw this book hanging out on a "we recommend" shelf when I walked in so I grabbed it.  it didn't really grab me though.  so instead of reading the book, I used my phone to read the amazon reviews.  sounds like it's not for purists and it got somewhat mixed reviews.  I put it back.  I don't want to read a book that pits me against my favorite characters although I can't promise that I'll *never* read it.

finished products.

by the way, we had Brady's lower right leg amputated.  see?  don't worry, he's doing just great without it.

and there's this girl, loving that seat again.  somehow "go instead and put your shoes away!" translates to "grab your seat and make yourself comfortable on the driveway!"

it was a good day.

No comments: