Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tuesday

my sister in law, Kelsey, is one of the kindest people I know.  she's the one who will never miss a single birthday and, when you're pregnant (and so is she!), will show up on your doorstep with a baby gift and meal in hand... just because she's been thinking about you.  in my next life, I hope to be even half as thoughtful as Kelsey. so last night she texted me that her schedule was open tomorrow and would I like her to watch any or all of my kids?  she also just got back in town from a trip and is still unpacking and has two kids of her own and is very pregnant with her third... and she offered to watch all four of my kids if I wanted her to.  just out of the blue because she had a free day and wanted to help me out.  I told her it would be most helpful for me if the kids and I could just come over and hang out for a while.  and the only thing we had to schedule around was her Walmart to go order.  I told her I'd swing by and pick it up on my way.  it all worked out great.  except that Walmart took like 20+ minutes to bring the order out.  I can't figure it out.  it's either instant or forever.  the guy said they were really short staffed this morning and that was why.  I don't know that I buy that.  also, I watched all of these orders and more get loaded into the delivery truck.  because I was there... forever.  


Elizabeth in heels.

I told them all to run to the car and get buckled.  this is what I came out to.

Brady's face.  I love it.

don't mind Elizabeth's wet pants.  occasionally we have tons of water running down the gutter on our side of the street.  probably from the construction up the street.  it's probably nasty but my kids love it and can't help but play in it every time.


Brady fell asleep right away during nap time.  and then I guess made his way to my room and fell asleep again on my bed while I was showering and getting ready.

back to school night for Abigail.  we went to her classroom and met her teacher.  she got "the good one" this year again.  this was in the room where you buy the yearly planners.  the kids were really into the books on that shelf back there.

and precious Elizabeth kept grabbing a book, reading it, returning it, and sitting down with another.  so into it.


bless your tiny little soul.

I've been trying to get my kids back into the habit of wearing helmets.  it's getting mixed results.  the only one that consistently wants AND remembers to wear a helmet is this one.  who really doesn't need one.

she loves having her picture taken.  can you tell?


watching the rockies game.  because that's still a regular occurrence in our house.  still weird to me.

Elizabeth took a picture of me.  the bottom half.

and then the top half.

I'm working on getting the kids to start going to bed sooner in preparation for school.  so far, I've loved putting the kids to bed (typically honey does that) and have been good about heading up for bedtime right after dinner.  we have a sweet and leisurely bedtime routine.  and then the kids still don't fall asleep until after 9.  

we're getting there.  ; )

No comments: