Sunday, August 20, 2017

captive in my home so Jill delivered soup

Elizabeth loves taking pictures of Andrew (and anything really) with her iPhone.  giving her my old iPhone 4 is one of the smartest things I've ever done.  it's not perfect, but it REALLY helps get her to leave my current iPhone alone.

Elizabeth woke up with a bit of a hoarse voice and a frequent cough.  I know she was fine but contagious.  I didn't want to miss all of ward conference so we all went to church and I took Elizabeth and Andrew home with me after sacrament meeting.  as painful as that was, I just couldn't, in good conscience, send my contagious child to nursery.  sadly, Abigail and Brady hate church and hate Sundays but Elizabeth cried when I told her she couldn't go to nursery.  I bribed her out of the church building with a banana that she could eat in the car.

the youth had a fireside with the stake president at our house.  our open floor plan does not lend itself well to occasions such as these.  we all holed up in Abigail's room which was a disaster before it even started.  five minutes in and I had Abigail reading fairy books in her closet and Elizabeth kept bullying Brady and making him cry but then she wouldn't get her way and she would also cry.  Chris came up and was all "do you guys need help?! this is REALLY disruptive."  ugh.

because why shouldn't we tear the room apart and climb on furniture when we have a million people downstairs listening quietly to words of wisdom from our stake president?


I survived only by live texting Jill.  she saved me.





I swept and mopped and vacuumed (which I was really unhappy about because I have a firm no cleaning policy on Sunday but had to break it because I completely forgot about this activity until the morning of when honey reminded me) and made my house sparkle before everyone came over.  and then it was trashed before I could ever enjoy it.  I'm still a little bitter.  especially because I cleaned up a whole ton of cookie crumbs and I didn't even get to eat any cookies.


Brady, for some reason, started balancing this hockey stick on his face and everyone (except Andrew and myself) followed suit.






her faces.  I seriously can't handle them.



my same friend Jill showed up on my doorstep with broccoli soup ("there's only enough soup for you... no sharing") and the mint chocolate brownies from our best bites.  she has five daughters and somehow manages to cook, raise pigs, work out, study her scriptures, and gather her family to drop off treats to me as a family home evening activity... all while being one of the most witty people I know.  she's basically the pioneer woman of Parker.  I imagine she and Ree would get along very well.

Chris saw the soup and the brownies and told me I could have his brownie but he needed the soup.  we shared the soup while Elizabeth cried and then gave her the last couple of bites (contagious, remember?). I gave each kid a half of a brownie, knowing full well that would personally eat every single other crumb on that plate.  but I think I get credit for sharing at all because I typically don't share food that my friends bring to me.





we had an FHE lesson on good works (let's be honest... they're practically all on good works or being nice and my kids aren't taking the hint) and called it a night.  sometimes Sundays are just long.

BUT, let's celebrate, we were on time for church!

No comments: