Thursday, August 3, 2017

I only had two kids

thankfully today was infinitely better than yesterday because of my honey.


we had a pretty good morning and the kids did a good job doing a few "fun" chores that I gave them.  they were in charge of sharpening 48 pencils (Abigail's school supplies) and sorting and organizing all the shoes in our shoe bins underneath the washer and dryer.  also, they all put away their laundry.  and then I put elizabeth down for nap and honey took Abigail and Brady to skyzone.

and then when everyone was gone and it was all quiet, I walked in to check on Andrew and laughed out loud at this.  still not sure who put the doll there.

the best part was that I took the picture but then never removed the doll.  so things progressed.

like a loving friend.


honey sent me pictures from sky zone.





average kid jumping into the foam pit.

Abigail jumping into the foam pit.

I literally can't look at that picture without laughing out loud.  after, honey took the kids to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Brady got the hotdog, Abigail got Mac n cheese, and honey got chicken and ribs.  not one steak was ordered.  considering we normally ALL order steaks, that was a pretty big deal... maybe the first time ever.  


we used to frequently go to petsmart after Texas Roadhouse just for fun to look at all the animals.  I can't even remember the last time we did that, but honey took the kids while they were out.  and even took them to Walmart after and picked up a few things and even some school supplies I still needed for Abigail that I couldn't order on Walmart to go.

meanwhile at home with my hours of free time, I cleaned out my closet and played a lot of catchup with chores around the house.  also rotated out Andrews clothes... 7 weeks old and we're ditching the newborn clothes and fully in 0-3.

Elizabeth woke up at 3:30 and it was so fun having her be my little helper.  she was so hilarious and fun to be with.  she kept asking me what I was doing.  she was also our dj with my phone (which required virtually nothing of her because it was pandora) and broke out some pretty intense dance moves.  this is my favorite age for little kids and I've been wondering lately why I haven't been loving it with Elizabeth like I did with Abigail.  while I was hanging out with Elizabeth, it occurred to me that maybe it's because I've got too much else going on with the other kids that I haven't been able to just pause and observe and soak up that little girl.  she does hilarious things that, when I'm too busy taking care of a bunch of kids, just comes off as annoying or inconvenient.  having honey take the big kids for the afternoon was so great for me to cross a few things off my to do list, but also so I could get that quality time with Elizabeth.  it was so special for me.

No comments: