Saturday, August 12, 2017

some work, some play

as in, some people work all day (me) and some people play all day (honey, Abigail, and Brady).

honey went golfing with a few friends this morning but was back before 10.  we all had eggs for brunch and then honey took Abigail and Brady to the new(ish) boondocks by Costco.  Elizabeth was sooooo sad to be left behind.  I told honey that he was going to have to start including her in big kid activities soon.  they played at boondocks until after 4, only taking a short break for lunch at Costco.  they probably would have stayed even longer except that it started raining.

my day included going non-stop as I continued in my efforts to put my house back together after neglecting it for the last 10+ months.  man, this past year has seemed both like a split second and like eternity.  I swear this last pregnancy is going to be a struggle for me.  well, at least at this point I'm planning on it being my last pregnancy (note: I am not currently pregnant).  Andrew's pregnancy almost did me in.  and, as far as the chaos of my house goes, I'm still recovering from it.

anyway, I cleaned out closets and moved toys to the basement and put stuff back where it belongs and just did a whole lot of straightening up.  I know I was productive and got a lot done, but it's also still kinda depressing when I look around and see how much is left to be done.  also depressing to see Abigail's socks under my kitchen table after I told her ten times (well, at least four) to clean them up and also that cheap plastic blue hopping frog that the kids brought home from boondocks (along with a handful of other cheap knick knacks) and Brady's discarded lollipop stick on the floor.  organizing and cleaning give me a bit of a high (I imagine like how many people feel about exercising), but I will admit that I was super grumpy from the moment Christopher and the kids got home and started leaving crap all over the place again.  and it's not that much, but somehow, I feel personally offended by it all... like it's a slap in the face to see shoes on the kitchen floor and drawers left open, and everything either not put away, or put away improperly because someone didn't want to take the time or effort to do a better job.  yes, I totally realize I've got issues.  still hard though.  I told Christopher that I was happy that he and the kids had fun at boondocks all day but that I was also feeling a bit down because I'm basically the servant to every other person in this house.  sorry for the vent.  that was unintentional.

Elizabeth is going through a bit of a rough patch.  or a something phase.  or maybe just discovering her true self.  who knows.  she is loud and opinionated and impatient and very headstrong.  also, lately, she's really hated going to bed and taking naps.  I'm thinking this phase is teething, but if I'm writing this same stuff about her in three years, I'll admit that maybe it wasn't teething after all.  anyway, she was my buddy this morning and we did great, but honey is not used to Elizabeth's current self and I think it wore on him tonight.

andrew slept all day.  like he literally was awake for an hour and 20 minutes this morning and then slept for 5.5 hours and then I fed him but he could barely stay awake (and it was a struggle for me to keep him awake before I finally just gave in) and was back asleep 40 minutes later and slept for 4.5 hours.  he was awake some this evening.  I mean, I know he sleeps a lot, but today was over the top, even for him.  I think he was rewarding me for not sitting in bed on my phone all day.  I should probably be more structured with his schedule but it's hard when he still acts so much like a newborn.  sometimes he's obviously awake and sometimes he's just still sleepy and needs to nurse and take another nap.  I find it easier to follow his lead than try to fight it but we'll morph as time goes on, I'm sure.  but bless his little soul, he was an angel today.  he is so good to me.

and the only pictures I have are what honey and I texted to each other.












No comments: